Solved

How do I actually insert my meter readings?

• 1 August 2020
  • 8 replies

Every month I have the same problem!! Is it me?? But when I am prompted to enter my readings, I take them, go to my web page, enter my e-mail address, it asks for verification by email. I get that, verify my email and then every time it asks me if I want a quote!!! Why on earth should I want a quote when I am obviously a customer with a verifiable email address. I want to send my meter readings - not get a quote but there is never a button to press for sending meter readings. I have sent 6 messages to Pure Planet but never had any help, advice or reason given as to why they only want to give me a quote and not accept my meter readings. Does anyone else have this problem?

icon

Best answer by Jon1 1 August 2020, 10:52

Hello wastiegreen.

Judging by what i read, once you verify the email log in it takes you to the website homepage. Which does indeed prompt you to get a quote. This is slightly misleading. 

On the homepage in the top right hand side should be a block of 3 lines. Tap on these 3 bars and it will open up a side menu. At the bottome of the side menu will be a red box saying goto my account. Tap on that and from there you will be able to view all your acct info and give readings.

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello wastiegreen.

Judging by what i read, once you verify the email log in it takes you to the website homepage. Which does indeed prompt you to get a quote. This is slightly misleading. 

On the homepage in the top right hand side should be a block of 3 lines. Tap on these 3 bars and it will open up a side menu. At the bottome of the side menu will be a red box saying goto my account. Tap on that and from there you will be able to view all your acct info and give readings.

Thanks, Jon1

Finally! - but what a ridiculous system!! If you take Amazon as the most customer-friendly organisation with a superb website and with my score for ease of use as 100, Pure Planet’s offering for ease of use must register somewhere around 20.  Why make it so hard?? If they ask for meter readings, why not just make it easy to enter them !! But thanks for the help. At least you answered me which is more than 6 feedback messages to the company achieved.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Your welcome. We all like to help here and thanks for posting back to say its worked. 

Top tip. If you feel comfortable with it. Dont log out of your acct then you wont have to faff about with the email log in each time as it will remember you are still logged in and will go straight to homepage. 

The app is more user friendly but its not for everyone and i also agree the website still needs a little work on its friendliness.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello wastiegreen.

thanks @Jon1 That’s interesting, I didn’t know that as my “go to account” always appeared on the first page. What a faff...

Hi there, I’m quite new too(only switched about a month ago) & have just used the app to give my first set of meter readings and it had remembered all my info, so was very easy to do. Maybe I was just lucky, but hoping it will always be this easy. I’m not that tech savvy, but sounds like the stay logged in & use the app if possible advice was a great tip.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello wastiegreen.

thanks @Jon1 That’s interesting, I didn’t know that as my “go to account” always appeared on the first page. What a faff...

Hi woz. 

I think it may be dependant on your device as on a mobile space is a premium but on a desktop there may be room to show the account tab. Not really sure as i only have a mobile. 

I have just received more help by someone who says that after I log In and activate the verifying email, I should get a Home Page which confusingly asks me if I want a quote but also shows 3 bars at the top right of the page. I should click on that and then will be given the opportunity to go into My Account. and send Meter readings. NO. It doesn’t. It still asks me if I want a quote but doesn’t give me a Drop down menu. See below

You can see that I am Logged in but with no opportunity again to see My Account or to enter Meter readings. Clicking on ‘More’ doesn’t help either

Seeing that I am doing the company’s work for them and reading their meters and entering the details (or trying to), you would think that the least that they could do would be to make it easy to achieve!!! Other companies that I use on other properties make it really simple to enter Meter readings, so why can’t Planet?

Hi @Wastiegreen 

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for posting.

It looks to me that you may have two email addresses being used? Not being flippant here, trying to help. I’ve seen this before when a Member was using the ‘wrong’ email address to login (possibly a community email address?) so in fact they’re not seeing their energy account at all.