Solved

Hive smart thermostat

• 29 October 2020
  • 19 replies

I am trying to order a Hive smart thermostat, have clicked on the Pure Planet Community link, put in the activation code for the 15% discount and it doesn't work.  What to do?  Also not much help on the link about installation - just mention of £70.  Richard

icon

Best answer by Marc 29 October 2020, 14:53

Hey @Richard Cooke 

Have you seen our community post about the Hive thermostat offer?

Is there anything in there that helps?

View original

19 replies

Hey @Richard Cooke 

Have you seen our community post about the Hive thermostat offer?

Is there anything in there that helps?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I just tried  it and it works

try putting the code in manually, if you cut and paste it and inadvertently put a space or the full stop after the code (why is there a full stop after the code @Marc   or put an extra space in before it) it won’t work.

Cheers @woz 

It’s also a good idea to follow this specific link to Hive

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Cheers @woz 

:thinking:

I have tried  the specific link above, and the Pure Planet Community link putting the promo code in manually and pasting and the message each time is ‘This voucher code is not valid for your basket’.

Help!

I got the 15% promo from the Community post about the Hive thermostat offer.  That’s where I began about 4 hours ago.

It’s working for me @Richard Cooke I just tried it. 

I followed this link, then which took me straight to Hive Active Heating. Configured my set up so I’d get the right one, added to basket, then went to check out and pasted PRTPP15. It gave me £14.85 off.

My test

I’d suggest clearing your browser cookies so it ‘forgets’ you and have another go?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Maybe clear your cookies for that site?

I have tried to but the £249 + £50 hub.  Is that not part of the offer?  I just can’t understand why it works for you and not me!

PRTPP15 is the code.  Is that incorrect?

Sorry yes I see that is correct...

Hi @Richard Cooke Can you clear your basket and then try this link instead saying yes to ‘add hub’ and then going back to the basket, and the same promo code 

:pray:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

My reading of the offer is it only applies to 2 instances, either the system with pro install or the thermostat, maybe that’s the issue and you have to select exactly those options. I’m guessing..

one item??

I’ve just been chatting to some of the guys here about it. The Hub 360 isn’t part of the deal. It’s a different, standalone product.

What can be added is the ‘normal’ hub included on this page.

Sorry - had to go out.  I truly think I have followed the procedure accurately and done everything you have all suggested.  I am trying to buy the thermostat at £249, and the normal hub at £50 (have not tried the Hub 360).  You all seem to know about the promo discount and each time I have tried to apply it, the last few times manually, it comes up with the same answer.  I have also clicked on the two links you have sent to get started and it makes no difference. Confused.com

The Hive website is a monster and prices seem to jump around.  It starts at £99, then jumps without explanation to £179, the £249.  Is the £99 thermostat the same as the £249 one?  I presume not but little or nothing is explained. I need advice about what to buy.  Can anyone help and is there any means by which one can speak on the telephone (remember them?)  It might save a lot of time….

Hi @Richard Cooke 

The Hive website is a monster and prices seem to jump around.  It starts at £99, then jumps without explanation to £179, the £249.  

The Hive thermostat is £99

Then if you want to add a hub, it’s a further £80 (so, £179 in total)

And if you want to add pro install, it’s a further £100.

Is the £99 thermostat the same as the £249 one?

Yes, but with the hub and pro install :thumbsup:

is there any means by which one can speak on the telephone 

Hive help is: 0333 202 9614

omg.  Why does it say that the hub is £50 and pro install is £70 then?  It starts with £249, then adds the hub.  No mention at point of sale about the pro install.

OK end of story.  I spoke to a very helpful man at Hive who had to go to speak to two different supervisors in turn when he agreed that the Hive website was misleading.  I have now purchased the package with the discount.  It only took about 4 hours.  Thank-you for your input, but I’m afraid it did not clarify what I needed to know.  From the Pure Planet perspective, someone needs to explain that the £249 price includes smart thermostat, hub, receiver and professional installation.  If it does not say so then people like me see the question ‘Do you have a hub?’ and as the answer would be ‘No + £50’, they then think they need to buy a hub separately,  not realising that it is included in the package.  Then the whole Pure Planet discount scheme fails.  As it is now, the Hive website clearly appears that you pay £249 (for what?), and in addition pay £50 for hub and £70 for installation.  This, I have found out for myself, is wrong.  It was cleared up in  a 25 minute telephone call.