Solved

Higher energy consumption during summer

• 27 September 2020
  • 3 replies

I have a heated swimming pool. My energy consumption is much higher during the summer. Can Pure Planet accommodate this with an inverted payment scheme with higher debits during the summer?

icon

Best answer by stephenrand 27 September 2020, 18:04

Hi @HCR 

Wow, heated swimming pool! We're all jealous (and we don't have to pay the bills).

The simple answer is no. Pure Planet, rightly or wrongly, have the same payment pattern for everyone - keeps it simple.

Your direct debit payments will have been fixed on the basis of the annual usage you gave when you joined. So over the year it will work out. The danger is that when your six-month review takes place, PP will suggest increasing your direct debit because their algorithm will compute an even heavier usage in the winter. If that happens, just reply to the email and explain the situation, and I'm sure they will allow another six months of payments and then see what your annual usage looks like.

Hope that helps

Stephen

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @HCR 

Wow, heated swimming pool! We're all jealous (and we don't have to pay the bills).

The simple answer is no. Pure Planet, rightly or wrongly, have the same payment pattern for everyone - keeps it simple.

Your direct debit payments will have been fixed on the basis of the annual usage you gave when you joined. So over the year it will work out. The danger is that when your six-month review takes place, PP will suggest increasing your direct debit because their algorithm will compute an even heavier usage in the winter. If that happens, just reply to the email and explain the situation, and I'm sure they will allow another six months of payments and then see what your annual usage looks like.

Hope that helps

Stephen

Badge

How lovely HCR.  Just send your address and we'll pop round for a swim 🏊‍♀️🏊‍♂️🏊‍♀️🏊‍♂️  😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@HCR

Wimp!  You’ll have to start swimming in the winter to even it out…

As said not without intervention as 99.9% of customers use more energy in the colder months.

The other solution is to arrange a one-off payment once a year and if your balance subsequently builds up arrange a refund. 

In theory if you know your annual consumption their systems will cope with it albeit with overshoots as they do review accounts regularly, so if you’re tolerant to allowing them to to modify the dd  and tolerant to over and undershoots, it will take care of itself.