Solved

Help - meter readings

My mother lives three hundred miles away, she is 87. We are both in our first fixed term contract with Pure Planet. My mother worries about using apps to enter numbers etc so I enter the meter readings for her, my sister takes the readings. As I said I am 300 miles away.

The reading in March seemed very high to me and the reading this week is ridiculously high.

I need to talk to someone to try to sort this out, before the reading she has just given me today she appears to be over £1,000 in arrears (she doesn’t check her statements)

How do I contact someone? I am concerned there is a problem with the meter!

icon

Best answer by Gwyndy 8 May 2021, 13:57

My mother lives three hundred miles away, she is 87. We are both in our first fixed term contract with Pure Planet. My mother worries about using apps to enter numbers etc so I enter the meter readings for her, my sister takes the readings. As I said I am 300 miles away.

The reading in March seemed very high to me and the reading this week is ridiculously high.

I need to talk to someone to try to sort this out, before the reading she has just given me today she appears to be over £1,000 in arrears (she doesn’t check her statements)

Hi @Jean Ch 

If you need to contact someone, your best answer seeing as you don’t know what the exact issue is, is to 
Open app, or log in at  purpla.net (select go to account).
Top right is ‘three horizontal lines’ (app) or ‘Menu’ (website)
From there 
Help and Support
Ask a question
When WattBot opens, type ‘message the team’ 
WattBot may offer some suggestions when you tell it the issue, but it’s probably going to be best to skip them and leave a message for Member Services.

Replies to messages take approximately 3 working days.

Does your sister send you the reading, or a photo of the reading? - is it possible that the readings you are being given are themselves incorrectly interpreted - old style meters tend to have only 1 or 2 sets of readings with a ‘red digit’ for ‘part units’ - the newer electronic meters have a number of different readings:
Rate 1
Rate 2
Export
Import
And in some cases usage over various time periods.

Gas meters can cause confusion between cu ft, cu meter, and kWh readings.

Also, have you considered registering your mother with the Priority Service Register, this would allow her to get her meter read 2-4 times a year, and the readings get sent directly to Pure Planet.

Kindest Regards
Gwyndy

View original

2 replies

Hi @Jean Ch 

If you need to contact someone, your best answer seeing as you don’t know what the exact issue is, is to 
Open app, or log in at  purpla.net (select go to account).
Top right is ‘three horizontal lines’ (app) or ‘Menu’ (website)
From there 
Help and Support
Ask a question
When WattBot opens, type ‘message the team’ 
WattBot may offer some suggestions when you tell it the issue, but it’s probably going to be best to skip them and leave a message for Member Services.

Replies to messages take approximately 3 working days.

Does your sister send you the reading, or a photo of the reading? - is it possible that the readings you are being given are themselves incorrectly interpreted - old style meters tend to have only 1 or 2 sets of readings with a ‘red digit’ for ‘part units’ - the newer electronic meters have a number of different readings:
Rate 1
Rate 2
Export
Import
And in some cases usage over various time periods.

Gas meters can cause confusion between cu ft, cu meter, and kWh readings.

Also, have you considered registering your mother with the Priority Service Register, this would allow her to get her meter read 2-4 times a year, and the readings get sent directly to Pure Planet.

Kindest Regards
Gwyndy

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Jean Ch 

can you ask your sister to take a photo of the reading, send it to you and post it here, I’m sure it will throw some light on the issue.