Solved

help

• 18 June 2021
  • 4 replies

hi all ive recently moved into a property that has its gas and leccy supplied by pure planet.

they have quoted me £50 a month during the warmer months and £75 a month in the cooler months. 

i am a single parent on universal credit as im unable to work as my 3 year old is not yet in a nursery.

is there some sort of help or discount i can recieve to lower the monthly payments as i get no help from family or babys dad? 

TIA 

steph 

icon

Best answer by Gwyndy 18 June 2021, 15:44

Hi @stephanieb 

Welcome to the Pure Planet Community.

To the best of my knowledge, as a Pure Planet Customer, not Staff member, there are no such schemes - the nearest I know of is the Warm Home Discount, however that’s paid in a lump some to qualifying applicants in March, not as a reduction of the monthly direct debit payment.

​​
Kindest Regards

Gwyndy

View original

4 replies

Hi @stephanieb 

Welcome to the Pure Planet Community.

To the best of my knowledge, as a Pure Planet Customer, not Staff member, there are no such schemes - the nearest I know of is the Warm Home Discount, however that’s paid in a lump some to qualifying applicants in March, not as a reduction of the monthly direct debit payment.

​​
Kindest Regards

Gwyndy

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @stephanieb 

Here's a thread which may be of help:

Hi @stephanieb 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Thank you for jumping in to help @Angelabikerbabe and @Gwyndy!

You could get in touch with StepChange, there is more about them here. 

There is also the warm home discount scheme, but the applications for winter 2021-22 open in September for that. 

Here is an extract from the FAQ:

When does the Warm Home Discount for Winter 2021-22 open?

We estimate that we’ll be taking registrations of interest for WHD by around the end of September 2021. We’ll update the community as soon as it’s ready.

I hope this helps!

Badge +3

Pure Planet ask you to send meter readings monthly - doing this helps to keep your bill accurate (and hopefully lower). You can request a payment review at any time from the App. 

On your toddler, does the local authority where you are offer funding for under 2’s  / pupil premium etc. If there’s an early years centre nearby I would defo look to contact them and ask if they can help. 
im a governor at an early years centre near me and there’s help available with care and costs. 

good luck