Having trouble with login/verification

• 25 September 2018
  • 23 replies

like many others I cannot seem to log into the pure planet app after receiving my quote and entering bank details. I have tried reinstalling the app and clicking the most recent email link to log in but nothing happens except the app asks me to put in my email address then it just sends me another email!his mean the app will

Does this mean the app will not work on my device?

23 replies

SylviaB
I have exactly the same problem.

Happy to switch but it stops me at the last hurdle. I then get an email saying I haven't completed my switch and asking me to click the link. This takes me back to tha App which asks me to check my inbox for an email to click the link. I am getting dizzy!

I am using latest system software on IOS iPad.
Hi @Arsenalboy
Take a look at this post here
@SylviaB are you using an iPad too?
Hi Marc, just to be really awkward I'm using Remix OS which runs Android apps on PC ... it's based on android 5.1 lollipop

I briefly saw an account verified pop up appear at the bottom of the app but I was still not logged in
Thanks for the info @SylviaB
That'll be the reason it's not working. We don't support Remix OS or emulators
Do you have a standard Android phone or iPhone?

SylviaB;12100:
Hi Marc, just to be really awkward I'm using Remix OS which runs Android apps on PC ... it's based on android 5.1 lollipop

I briefly saw an account verified pop up appear at the bottom of the app but I was still not logged in
I’m also having the same problem. I’ve just installed the app, on fully updated iPhone. I try to verify the app and login, I get sent the email, click the link and then nothing. Sends me back to the same page.
Hi @veegee24
Which page does it take you back to? And you're definitely still logged out?
Marc;12154:
Hi @veegee24
Which page does it take you back to? And you're definitely still logged out?

It just takes me back the original log in page on the app. There’s briefly a small rotating loading icon in the corner where the menu is and then it disappears and nothing happens. Really not filling me with confidence in switching!
veegee24;12156:
It just takes me back the original log in page on the app. There’s briefly a small rotating loading icon in the corner where the menu is and then it disappears and nothing happens. Really not filling me with confidence in switching!

Thanks @veegee24
I'll ask our tech team to have a look. Can you let me know what model iPhone you have, and which version of iOS it has?
Marc;12159:
Thanks @veegee24
I'll ask our tech team to have a look. Can you let me know what model iPhone you have, and which version of iOS it has?

I have an iPhone 7 Plus and iOS 12. I’m now even having trouble logging into the community. How do I go about cancelling a switch. I’ve spent all day trying to sort this out and there’s virtually no way of contacting you!
I’m having problems too. I’ve switched and have received the chasing emails but am completely unable to log onto the app. I’ve been trying over the last few days (and have reinstalled the app in the meantime) and just receive “Server Error” every time I try to log in. If I try to get a new quote or register I simply get “the email address is already in use - login” but I can’t!!

Same problem occurred when trying to login to the community - server error in backend. So I had to create an account with a different email address in order to post this. Not a great experience and no one has replied to my support ticket even though it’s now about 5 days...
Hi @mjhatcher
Welcome to the community!
Thanks for posting
Have you received a welcome pack confirming your switch? This includes the date you come on supply with Pure Planet. If not, you'll need to complete your switch. One of the emails has a big pink 'confirm switch' button to tap on.
Also - what mobile phone are you using, and running which version of the operating system?
veegee24;12160:
I have an iPhone 7 Plus and iOS 12. I’m now even having trouble logging into the community. How do I go about cancelling a switch. I’ve spent all day trying to sort this out and there’s virtually no way of contacting you!

Hi @veegee24
It looks like you've verified your joining and the switch is now in progress.
The tech gremlins sorted?
Marc;12187:
Hi @mjhatcher
Welcome to the community!
Thanks for posting
Have you received a welcome pack confirming your switch? This includes the date you come on supply with Pure Planet. If not, you'll need to complete your switch. One of the emails has a big pink 'confirm switch' button to tap on.
Also - what mobile phone are you using, and running which version of the operating system?

Hi Marc, I have received the email and installed the app. It is when I click on the big confirm switch button that I get sent into the app, enter my email and then get “server error”. I haven’t been able to get beyond this point.

I’m using an iPhone 6s on iOS 11.
I'm having the same problem. Very frustrating. I've been trying for well over a week now.
Hello @Peter1
What phone/OS have you got?
Is this happening to you when tapping on 'switch now' in the email? Or when you tap on 'switch now' in the app?
I have this issue Server error.
I performed the following;
Deleted app
Deleted all mails from pp including emptying my email bin.
Loaded gmail to my device along with my android version.
Reloaded pp app from playstore and did not select open after install on play store. Went to settings on phone and deleted Pp app as a default after clearing the cache. I opened Pp app from from desktop. Applied the email address I used but did not select the link then to email accountclosed and stopped the pp app from running. Opened the gmail app not android app.
and selected the link and the Pp app popped up after selecting phone request to use Pp app to complete ( pop up eg open with google firefox or Pp app options) and was in signed completed personal details and now waiting for the switch to happen.This was all on a android galaxy 5 running Oreo version.
Most of this info was from previous posts thanks all but with all this applied it worked.Good luck.
I'm having the same issue trying to login which is preventing me from switching.
I proceeded with my quote/filling my details in, then have gone to login by click the pink button in the email. I get redirected to the app fine. The hamburger-menu in the top right changes to a spinning icon but nothing else happens.

I've always used the most recent app login link and tried clearing the app's cache and reinstalling the app but neither work.

Phone: LG G6
Marc, it seems like there is no consistency around this. Different phones and OS all have problems connecting. Is there any idea on a potential solution? The workarounds discussed here (reinstalling, clearing cache) - which honestly shouldn’t be necessary - don’t seem to work consistently either.
Hi @mjhatcher
Our tech team have looked at your issue
They believe something on your phone is preventing our security 'token' being passed from email to app.
Do you have any extra security such as a VPN on your phone?
Marc;12268:
Hi @mjhatcher
Our tech team have looked at your issue
They believe something on your phone is preventing our security 'token' being passed from email to app.
Do you have any extra security such as a VPN on your phone?

It’s possible as it is a company phone which does have security software on it. Not that it’s been a problem with any other software to my knowledge.

I will install the app on my iPad when I get home this weekend (I’m travelling) and see if that has more success.
Hi I got email as well but will not verify my account only takes me to email page
Can you get this sorted out as it seem a lot of people are having this problem if you can’t get it sorted I am not switching it’s a shame
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi @Talibkapasi
try not clicking the link to go to your email, instead go to your email through the icon on your home page then click on the link in the email, does that work?

Talibkapasi;12380:
Hi I got email as well but will not verify my account only takes me to email page
Can you get this sorted out as it seem a lot of people are having this problem if you can’t get it sorted I am not switching it’s a shame

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks @Adeymars, useful post!
Adeymars;12206:
I have this issue Server error.
I performed the following;
Deleted app
Deleted all mails from pp including emptying my email bin.
Loaded gmail to my device along with my android version.
Reloaded pp app from playstore and did not select open after install on play store. Went to settings on phone and deleted Pp app as a default after clearing the cache. I opened Pp app from from desktop. Applied the email address I used but did not select the link then to email accountclosed and stopped the pp app from running. Opened the gmail app not android app.
and selected the link and the Pp app popped up after selecting phone request to use Pp app to complete ( pop up eg open with google firefox or Pp app options) and was in signed completed personal details and now waiting for the switch to happen.This was all on a android galaxy 5 running Oreo version.
Most of this info was from previous posts thanks all but with all this applied it worked.Good luck.
Hi @Talibkapasi
Welcome!
That's a good tip from @woz
The verification email contains a security 'token' to verify it's you.
Each time you ask for a new email, the old one is no longer valid.
Clear all old emails and try again, but this time when it asks you to verify, tap on 'home' and then open your email app, and be 100% sure you've got the most recent email from us

What phone are you using?