Solved

Have not been able leave pure planet

Hi all

Recently I switched to another supplier, but that have only been able to switch the electricity, not the gas.

I don’t know why, is there any exit fee or rules, it’s has been 2 months now Andy I am getting no where . Please help
icon

Best answer by X Driver 27 August 2019, 12:05

Sel;36247:
Hi all

Recently I switched to another supplier, but that have only been able to switch the electricity, not the gas.

I don’t know why, is there any exit fee or rules, it’s has been 2 months now Andy I am getting no where . Please help

Have you asked you new supplier why they didn't transfer your gas?
View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi sel
they often don't switch at the same time
Go to help, ask wattbot, type message the team and ask PP to clarify what's happened.
If on app (but you can go online) and wattbot hangs or isn't working update the app.

Sel;36247:
Hi all

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Did you switch using a comparison website and did you select dual fuel?
Sel;36260:
They have not given any reason

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Sel
What was the difference in ANNUAL cost for the same number of units? (if I may ask) Were the unit prices cheaper?
Do Octopus say they have requested the gas switch?

Sel;36264:
No I was contacted by the Octopus, not sure how they got my number. I was given a better deal so I took it up
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Sel
What are the unit prices on Octopus and what area are you in HERE <
Sel;36329:
The difference was about £200 annually. Told them both are with PP.

Still haven’t heard from the PP team !!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I simply don’t believe that it’s £200 cheaper unless they have offered a loss leading tariff or you have a gigantic house I’d like to see the unit rates.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi X
​other than comparing apples to bananas I'm not sure I see your point?
Surely the ONLY metric to be considered when comparing (putting aside any ethical or green issues) is the total annual cost for the same units, so what do the big 6 have to do with it?
Or have I misunderstood what you're saying?
X Driver;36615:
I was told I could save

A yearly saving of:
£199.53
vs the average 'Big 6' variable tariff

What it didn't say was that my charges would be greater than I currently pay with PP.

The problem with lots of these quotes is where they have cheaper standing charges and higher unit costs it becomes difficult to compare like with like.
A small change in unit consumption can have a big change to the annual bills.

Yes, I do fill in many comparison websites.

HTH
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi x
​I think we do, and as I said, at this stage I'm extremely cynical that the quote from "The Octopus" really was £200 a year cheaper than PP. (and was it a cold call?)
I may change my mind when I see a reply showing the unit rates and daily charge or perhaps it included some sort of ridiculous one-off incentive? who knows...
X Driver;36620:
Hi Woz,

What I was trying to say was that I was being told how much I could save compared to someone else not how much I could save compared to what I have.
Although I was asked who I was currently with, it never came back in the figures, as it was they were £46pa more expensive than PP.

I was hoping to point out that you have to look closely at the figures as the headline can often be misleading. I would also never rely on a site to tell me how much I spend at present as I have found them usually to be wrong, I know my annual spend from my spreadsheet.

So yes, know your annual usage and use that figure with maybe a + or - 10%.

I think we sort of agree.

X Driver
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Sel;36329:

Have you contacted them via Wattbot, starting by putting 'message the team'in the subject box?
Sel;36247:
Hi all

Have you asked you new supplier why they didn't transfer your gas?
Sel;36329:

I was told I could save

A yearly saving of:
£199.53
vs the average 'Big 6' variable tariff

What it didn't say was that my charges would be greater than I currently pay with PP.

The problem with lots of these quotes is where they have cheaper standing charges and higher unit costs it becomes difficult to compare like with like.
A small change in unit consumption can have a big change to the annual bills.

Yes, I do fill in many comparison websites.

HTH
woz;36616:
hi X
​other than comparing apples to bananas I'm not sure I see your point?
Surely the ONLY metric to be considered when comparing (putting aside any ethical or green issues) is the total annual cost for the same units, so what do the big 6 have to do with it?
Or have I misunderstood what you're saying?

Hi Woz,

What I was trying to say was that I was being told how much I could save compared to someone else not how much I could save compared to what I have.
Although I was asked who I was currently with, it never came back in the figures, as it was they were £46pa more expensive than PP.

I was hoping to point out that you have to look closely at the figures as the headline can often be misleading. I would also never rely on a site to tell me how much I spend at present as I have found them usually to be wrong, I know my annual spend from my spreadsheet.

So yes, know your annual usage and use that figure with maybe a + or - 10%.

I think we sort of agree.

X Driver
They have not given any reason

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you
woz;36261:
Did you switch using a comparison website and did you select dual fuel?

No I was contacted by the Octopus, not sure how they got my number. I was given a better deal so I took it up