Solved

Gas not switched.

• 20 October 2020
  • 4 replies

I've switched to pure planet but my gas provider is still active with sse. Also can I find out when I switched as I'm not sure that sse is charging me correctly.

Thanks

Chris

icon

Best answer by woz 20 October 2020, 14:15

@chrisdifer 

What was your switch-in date?

You need to have verified the account or you won’t switch, then log into your account and you will see a countdown to your switch date.

Your previous provider will remain “active” until the final bill is produced, this can take up to 6 weeks), they will also continue to take the DD so you will or may be paying two lots for a short time.

https://community.purepla.net/joining-and-switching-28

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@chrisdifer 

What was your switch-in date?

You need to have verified the account or you won’t switch, then log into your account and you will see a countdown to your switch date.

Your previous provider will remain “active” until the final bill is produced, this can take up to 6 weeks), they will also continue to take the DD so you will or may be paying two lots for a short time.

https://community.purepla.net/joining-and-switching-28

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @chrisdifer .

In addition to woz's answer, it is usual for the gas and electric to switch at separate times, there can be as much as a two week delay, or more if there are problems. 

So even with that I should still have an active gas account that I have to pay for gas with sse and using units and gas with pp?? 22nd sept I switched I thought sse were charging me electric  for up to October but that's the bill quarter they inactivated my electric accout on 22nd Sept. I've paid my first direct debit to PP and due the second one later on this month.

Hey @chrisdifer 

If you came on supply with PP on 22 September, you’d only pay for gas and electricity usage with your previous supplier going up to that date. 

What may have happened is that it takes up to 6 weeks from when you come on supply for your readings to be validated and your final bill sent - and your previous supplier may continue to collect your Direct Debit until the final bill is sent. Could that be it?