Fixed energy deals hit £4,000 before price cap rise?

• 30 December 2021
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 13666 replies

Daily Telegraph Paywalled so here’s the thrust of the article

Energy suppliers are seeking to tie customers to fixed deals costing as much as £4,000 a year as ministers face growing warnings over “untenable” proposed rises to the price cap…..

“Analysts” predicting the price rises will not be short term

The article says OVO are offering a £4200 fix although I haven’t personally checked what you get for £4200

Not what you want to hear going into the new year, 

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That’s crazy :( 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

“Thrust” 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣Tickles my teets every time ya bugger! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Lapa yep ridiculous

@Bev Have you not heard the old proverb A thrust every day keeps the backbone in play…?

Badge +5

Based on my 2020 consumption OVO quote me £3672 for a 12 month fix. Based on this year’s with an estimate for this month they quote £3084, again for a 12 month fix.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

​​​​​​@Bev Have you not heard the old proverb A thrust every day keeps the backbone in play…?

No 🤣🤣🤣but no word of a lie, I do try do twenty pelvic thrusts most days at the kitchen worktoppies whilst cooking 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣, to help the ole body 👏👍😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Disgraceful 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Disgraceful 

@Scubaseahorse  wot? the pelvic thrusting or the £4000?

@Bev not surprised you haven’t heard the proverb since I made it up…

I’m not going near you while you’re cooking it sounds dangerous.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

🤣🙈🤣🙈 The £4000 😀😜😀🤣 @woz 

Badge +5

Based on my 2020 consumption OVO quote me £3672 for a 12 month fix. Based on this year’s with an estimate for this month they quote £3084, again for a 12 month fix.

If the whole of 2020 had been at my current Shell price the bill would be £1357.33. £2,300 cheaper than OVO quote for the same consumption. April 2022 now doubt included in their estimate. Confirms the best advice, as given by so many, is stick with the variable for the time being.

Recall the hugely expensive PP fixed deals during the summer. They were eye watering.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Recall the hugely expensive PP fixed deals during the summer. They were eye watering.

not as eyewatering as being too near @Bev’s pelvic thrusts...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

not as eyewatering as being too near @Bev’s pelvic thrusts...

😂 

Badge +5

@woz you are quite safe. She is 94. The power of the thrust must be dissipated. It is the diet that may be of a greater issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣, you little New Years Eve buggers you 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

not as eyewatering as being too near @Bev’s pelvic thrusts...

😂

Oh I feel old:

And yes, that was Emma Bunton as The Narrator at the end.