Solved

Fixed Contract Monthly Payment Question

• 24 August 2021
  • 8 replies

Hi
I switched to PurePlanet today. Its a 12 month fixed tariff. At the time of getting a quote, I was given £114 for summer and £171 for winter. 

Is this total (114+171) for whole year? Lets take summer payment £114. Is this 114 per month or is it  the total for the first 6 months (April to September)? 

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by Duppy 24 August 2021, 16:24

View original

8 replies

Lol yeah I thought some replies are from PP.

14.684p per kWh for electricity (21.70p per day) and 2.388p per kWh for gas (18p per)

You all have given a clear explanation and thanks for that. I’ll stick to PP and see how it goes for the first couple of months. So long as PP would adjust the DD when my balance gets off track, I’m happy

Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@zakmes 

When you compare quotes only 2 things are important:

That the quotes are for the same amount of energy and that you look at the total annual payment.

If your current tariff is variable it may increase, if it’s fixed when does it end? (if it does increase it won’t be trivial is my guess).

Currently you pay £960 a year (I don’t know if on average means anything unless you've taken every charge for energy over a long period (at least a year) and divided by the no. of months. Look at the total annual charge  for the same usage. The PP quote works out at £1140/year for whatever the usage was you were quoted for..

What are your current unit prices and standing charges?

(None of the people who have replied so far work for PP, your reply made me think that you thought otherwise)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@zakmes

Unfortunately energy prices for everyone have risen drastically in the last 12 months, I know that my gas tariff has risen 66% and electric is about 50% more. The increases are the subject of numerous posts here in the community

Accounts are reviewed every 6 months, but you can ask for a review sooner if your balance gets off track.

Thanks a lot for your replies all. Yes its clear now

When I was getting quote I gave my annual usage for gas & electricity from my existing supplier and expected it to be a lot cheaper as its greener. It sounds way too expensive. Currently I’m paying £80 per month on average. To be exact in summer I pay £48 and in winter its £90

How often do you review usage and adjust the direct debits?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Duppy

I must learn to be more succinct...

I don't know @woz , I thought your reply covered , the bases, especially the underlined, you will pay for  what you use

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Duppy 

I must learn to be more succinct...

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@zakmes 

The quote that you have is 6 monthly payments of £114 for summer months plus 6 monthly payments of £171 for the winter months. 6 x 114 + 6 x 171 a total of £1710 a year.

Note also that the fixed tariff is a fixed rate per kWh of usage, if you use more energy than you were quoted for you will pay more, if you use less you pay less. Your usage is reviewed every 6 months and your direct debit may change in line with your usage.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@zakmes

The payments are monthly.

The warmer months payments are lower because most use less energy in the warmer months

Apr to Sept. each month your payment would be £114 a month

in October it goes up to £171 a month, dropping again in April (although you would be asked to choose a new fix or variable tariff before the end)

The payments are for the amount of energy PP think you will use in a year, if you use a lot more or a lot less the payment will be reviewed, You will ultimately pay for what you use. it isn’t unlimited usage, only the unit price is fixed for the year.