Solved

Fawlty meter

Despite supplying 3 meter readings for my electric with the same reading due to a faulty meter I have had no contact. Nor can u get hold of pure planet as they have no number or email address.
icon

Best answer by woz 2 May 2019, 23:31

Alan Bevan;28597:
Despite supplying 3 meter readings for my electric with the same reading due to a faulty meter I have had no contact. Nor can u get hold of pure planet as they have no number or email address.

hi Alan Bevan
Oh dear, your first mistake was letting Basil anywhere near your meter...

I'm unclear, have you supplied 3 equal and therefore incorrect readings to PP because there is some fault with the meter and apparently it's stopped incrementing?
May I ask what kind of meter is it? Presumably you've read it some before by the same method and it's been working OK, but what appears to be the tot imp (total import) is now stuck?

If so easily resolved, as there is a means of communication.

Go to help in the app (it's in the main menu, click on the 3 white lines top right).
Click on ask wattbot, type "message the team" and leave a message saying why you've contacted them and mention that you've submitted several equal readings in the app. etc.You will get a reply, but not instantly (a day or so)
Or if it's difficulty reading the meter ask for advice on here. I'm not suggesting it is but if it's a smart meter and your first time it could be - and, some people think the in-home-display is the actual meter and read that but it has to be the actual meter you read.
If you're sure the meter is faulty use the method of communication above to start a dialogue with the team at PP.
PP don't have call centres.
View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Alan Bevan;28597:

hi Alan Bevan
Oh dear, your first mistake was letting Basil anywhere near your meter...

I'm unclear, have you supplied 3 equal and therefore incorrect readings to PP because there is some fault with the meter and apparently it's stopped incrementing?
May I ask what kind of meter is it? Presumably you've read it some before by the same method and it's been working OK, but what appears to be the tot imp (total import) is now stuck?

If so easily resolved, as there is a means of communication.

Go to help in the app (it's in the main menu, click on the 3 white lines top right).
Click on ask wattbot, type "message the team" and leave a message saying why you've contacted them and mention that you've submitted several equal readings in the app. etc.You will get a reply, but not instantly (a day or so)
Or if it's difficulty reading the meter ask for advice on here. I'm not suggesting it is but if it's a smart meter and your first time it could be - and, some people think the in-home-display is the actual meter and read that but it has to be the actual meter you read.
If you're sure the meter is faulty use the method of communication above to start a dialogue with the team at PP.
PP don't have call centres.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
I was larfing re Basil before even saw your reply Wozeeta! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Kipper and the bleeding corpse! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Sorry I was late to the party on this - on my back gut wrenching laughing
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
It's not as good for anagrams as the original though - Farty Towels, Watery Fowls and er..Flowery Watts (very apt...phew..)
the best I can do with Fawlty Meter is Warty Feet
Unfortunately this episode is like a fawlty episode. Still not received a suitable reply from "The Towers",
But hey why should i care.
As Manuel would say
" Aw Mr Fawlty, no meter, no electricity, no charge JaJa . We happy "
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Alan Bevan;28754:
Unfortunately this episode is like a fawlty episode. Still not received a suitable reply from "The Towers",
As Manuel would say

Hi Alan, I can only presume the bank holiday weekend may have something to do with your lack of response.
Only a guess.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ’›πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ’›πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜πŸ’›πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Alan,
​no reply is due to Bank hol. Did you read my first reply?
Alan Bevan;28754:
As Manuel would say
Yes still no communicaation
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi Alan,

Did you first type as written...."Message the Team" then added your question?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Drewed
​did wattbot indicate that your message would be sent to the team?
Despite this fact they, Pure Planet, are increasing my monthly payment from Β£112 to Β£168.
Ihave tried communicating but all i get is invoicing problem. This has been going on for months and months.
​​​​​​​Not a happy bunny. I want my money back!πŸ‘Ώ
Hi Alan,

Did you ever get the "Faulty Meter" issue sorted, I can't tell from your previous posts.

​​​​​​​If so..... are you really Β£1100 in credit, or has it got something to do with the meter issue. πŸ€”
Alan Bevan;28597:

meter fixed 2 months ago.