Solved

Estimate

• 27 June 2019
  • 3 replies

Why, would you estimate my gas and electric consumption, when I have given you the actual reading. A confused senior. Chipper.
icon

Best answer by woz 27 June 2019, 13:24

hi Chipper
The statement is produced once a month, the billing for units used is up to the statement date, so unless you give a reading a day before the statement date there will be some days from when you submit your reading, to the date of the statement, where PP have to guess what you use.
Any readings you give WILL appear on the statement, it's only those days after the given reading which are estimated, and usually the closer to the statement date you give the readings the closer the estimate will be. It's usually pretty close anyway.
Does that make sense?

Chipper;32150:
Why, would you estimate my gas and electric consumption, when I have given you the actual reading. A confused senior. Chipper.
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Good morning Chipper, (great name)

Welcome to the community on this bright sunny day.

The email prompt that we receive is just a reminder 3 days in advance of the statement date / our joining anniversary.
If you submit your meter reads on this day our statements are not estimated and then as you know the statement arrives the following day by email.

The 3 days gap amounts to a few pence and makes sure that members have at least been provided with a prompt rather than not provide a reading. It keeps us on tract and I guess you know you can send meter reads frequently allowing 24 hours before the next.
​- So send your meter read on your statement date.

Hope that is clear and have a great day.
Always revert back as many members always ready to Chip in, so to speak
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
😂
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Chipper
The statement is produced once a month, the billing for units used is up to the statement date, so unless you give a reading a day before the statement date there will be some days from when you submit your reading, to the date of the statement, where PP have to guess what you use.
Any readings you give WILL appear on the statement, it's only those days after the given reading which are estimated, and usually the closer to the statement date you give the readings the closer the estimate will be. It's usually pretty close anyway.
Does that make sense?

Chipper;32150: