Entering meter reading

Hi - tried to enter our 5 digit electricity meter reading into the app but it doesn't work. Looks like the app is expecting more than 5 digits but says ignore anything after the decimal point. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

13 replies

Userlevel 5
Hi @Dlinden and welcome! I'm talking to the rest of the team now about how best to solve this. Do you know roughly how old the meter is?
We've been in the house over 3 years and the meter was already in place. Doesn't look too old to be honest, maybe 10 years maximum?
Userlevel 5
Thanks @Dlinden. The team is investigating this as we speak and I'll update you when we've got some info. Eager to get to the bottom of it.
You could try putting a zero at the start of the reading. Might work if it's expecting 6 digits.
Userlevel 5
Hi @Dlinden, thanks for flagging this to us! The team has fixed it so that other members wont see this issue and that's down to your feedback, so well done. Have you submitted readings to us via email instead?
Toby;234:
Hi @Dlinden, thanks for flagging this to us! The team has fixed it so that other members wont see this issue and that's down to your feedback, so well done. Have you submitted readings to us via email instead?

I have yes. I was just concerned about the ability to submit ongoing readings via the app. But if it's now been fixed that's cool!
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Dlinden;224:
Hi - tried to enter our 5 digit electricity meter reading into the app but it doesn't work. Looks like the app is expecting more than 5 digits but says ignore anything after the decimal point. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Not sure if this helps but mine comes in this format: 12345.6.
Hi - I've just swapped over and was asked to put in my meter readings. I was able to put in my electricity reading on the app but not my gas reading. What should I do? Thanks!
Userlevel 5
Hi @Sunbeam and welcome! Are your gas and electricity readings on separate meters? I'll have a chat with the rest of the team about how best to solve this. Any other info on what your meter(s) look like would be great.
Yes they are. But the app only gave me the option to enter the Electricity reading.
Userlevel 5
I'll discuss this with the team @Sunbeam and get back you. Thanks for flagging!
@Sunbeam First off. Don't worry. It'll be because your gas meter technical information hasn't been passed to them yet. Sometimes that can happen. When it does it stops the app letting you enter a meter reading because it won't pass through the system properly. It's not a problem. They'll be in touch tomorrow so you can email your gas meter reading. That way the team will know it's coming and be able to update your account properly. After that you'll be able to enter meter readings fine in future.
Userlevel 5
Hi @Sunbeam,
You should have had an email from us a few days ago about meter readings. Please take a photo of you gas meter or just submit the numbers on the meter in a reply to that email and we'll take care of the rest. We're making some improvements to how members submit readings in our app currently and next time you need to send us readings, you'll be able to use the app as normal. Hope this helps!