Solved

email change

My email address no longer exists and I can't login to  update the pure account with my new email !!

icon

Best answer by Gwyndy 22 August 2021, 20:02

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi

I presume your only option would be to "message the team" via wattbott, explaining your situation.  

Replies are not instant, could take up to 2-3 days.

Or just change it in the app.

• Tap the head icon, top right.
  • Tap View our edit your contact details

Although there seems to be a bug (@Nataly) in that the app shows the same message as online at https://purepla.net/me/#/account/details

So back to @Angelabikerbabe’s idea… 😉 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

hi @Dah 

Click on @Mads ←to send a direct message, give details of your old and new address, they will  then run through some security details with you and change your login. (It’s not public).

Thank you so much. Will follow instructions now.  It has been a frustrating time...hopefully soon to be ended. Dah

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you so much. Will follow instructions now.  It has been a frustrating time...hopefully soon to be ended. Dah

Hope you get sorted, let us know how you get on 👍

Hello @Dah 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Spot on advice here from @Angelabikerbabe and @Gwyndy - us Community Manager’s don’t have access to your account so we can’t go through the stages to change your email for you, but this is something our Member Services team will be able to sort for you.

You can contact the team without being logged in via the app if you go to ‘help’> ‘ask a question’, then type ‘message the team’. The message that lets you know your conversation has been passed to the team starts with ‘Ok, I’ve passed this conversation to the team’. 

@25 quid good point - I’ll raise this with tech see if we can stop that message from being displayed when your in the app. 

I’ve also replied to your dm!

I hope this helps!

Er, it’s just not an erroneous message @Mads, I don’t think I can change my email address. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Mads 

and to add that my reply was deliberate to help those who were struggling to use wattbot and couldn’t sign in. I should have made that clear.

Er, it’s just not an erroneous message @Mads, I don’t think I can change my email address. 

Hey @25 quid 

I’ve just taken a look at my own account (on iPhone 11) - although the phone number and email address are circled in green/ with the green tick, you should be able to tap anywhere on that box to bring up the ability to edit/ retype the number or email. Is that definitely not working for you? 

Hey @Nataly, just checked and a Confirm button appears when editing either number or email (both online and in the app). Sorry for misleading you! So does it actually work online and in the app?

This turn of phrase did slightly amuse me. Inbox on my phone number…