Solved

Electricity spike

• 22 January 2020
  • 6 replies

Hi, has anyone experienced a mad spike in their electricity in July? I did NOTHING out of the ordinary but it hit the roof.
icon

Best answer by David j 22 January 2020, 14:49

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Marcia165;46904:
Hi, has anyone experienced a mad spike in their electricity in July? I did NOTHING out of the ordinary but it hit the roof.

Hi Marcia165, I presume you mean a spike in consumption, are you referring to an actual meter reading or an IHD (in house display from a smart meter)? You refer to July, is that correct?
Regards

Hi I also have a very large gas spike in July  and a larger electric spike too- the gas is 3 times as much as the month before and after with no change in heating pattern

Hi I also have a very large gas spike in July  and a larger electric spike too- the gas is 3 times as much as the month before and after with no change in heating pattern

Hi @DYT 

Estimated readings, or actual readings?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@DYT 

What kind of meter do you have? Smart or not Smart?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

This is strange, isn't there a similar post where the user experienced a sudden surge in usage, I can't find it at the moment but as far as I know it's still unexplained 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Duppy I’m of the opinion that most of the time it’s a billing issue, long term estimation and a consolidated bill. 

(unless there is a mechanical or electronic failure and how would that mend itself?)

I wonder what cross checking there is on the actual electronics to see if the count is consistent with the usage throughout the entire numeric range.

No one has satisfactorily explained what remote intervention is possible with SM’s.

but I do think it’s a little early for a conspiracy theory ….yet...