Solved

E7 usage

• 4 March 2021
  • 4 replies

How do I find out how much E7 electric I have used over a year? Forecast for coming year only tells me how much electric I am expected to use not the 2 separate readings

icon

Best answer by Gwyndy 4 March 2021, 23:06

How do I find out how much E7 electric I have used over a year? Forecast for coming year only tells me how much electric I am expected to use not the 2 separate readings

Hi @Lynk 
Welcome to the community, as Pure Planet doesn’t, or at least didn’t, support Economy 7 (they only have one rate), I presume they don’t therefore list the readings separately.

Kindest regards
Gwyndy

View original

4 replies

Hi @Lynk 
Welcome to the community, as Pure Planet doesn’t, or at least didn’t, support Economy 7 (they only have one rate), I presume they don’t therefore list the readings separately.

Kindest regards
Gwyndy

They do put 2 readings on monthly statements all at same price. Looks like I may have to go over every statement see where was higher or lower. 

I want to get a quote for best deals but want to give an accurate as possible figures. 

Hopefully will find a company that offer smart meters as fed up of waiting with PP

Hi @Lynk 

How odd, perhaps because they charge the same rate for both, they don’t think you need it split.

Maybe you could raise this in the ideas board?

Smart meter rollouts are an issue for everyone, not just Pure Planet, for a number of reasons, including but not limited to:

Areas of the country haven’t got sufficient signal strength.
CoVid lockdowns delaying rollout.
Delay in ‘over-the-air’ upgrade of SMETS1 to SMETS2.

Personally speaking, I wouldn’t move if your only reason for doing so is ‘I want a Smart Meter’ - there are plenty of threads here from people, myself included, who have smart meters and found very little, if any benefit, over a ‘dumb meter.’ I actually find mine worse as my SMETS1 meter, not installed by PP, is harder to read than my old ‘dumb’ meter was.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

They do put 2 readings on monthly statements all at same price. Looks like I may have to go over every statement see where was higher or lower. 

I want to get a quote for best deals but want to give an accurate as possible figures. 

Hopefully will find a company that offer smart meters as fed up of waiting with PP

@Lynk just to clarify, if you have a sm fitted by PP you will no longer get the E7 split information, it will be configured as one rate only - this will likely be the case with any other supplier who has one rate only.

I’ve persistently moaned about this but no one seems to think it’s a problem. My preference would be for the SM to continue to read 2 readings, but it won’t.

If you stick with your dumb meter you will be able to work it out from statements very easily, take the 2 starting meter readings in chosen month and same readings a year later, subtract.