Solved

Does Pure Planet run a vulnerable customers scheme?

• 2 July 2020
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I’m on my current supplier’s vulnerable customers scheme - i.e. if electricity cuts out in my home, the prioritise reconnecting it due to me needing to keep warm for health reasons.

Does Pure Planet have a similar scheme I could join if I switched to them? If yes, how do I join it, and how do I contact someone on their team if the electricity goes down and I need to know when it’s coming back on?

icon

Best answer by stephenrand 2 July 2020, 15:24

Hi Becca

See if this answers your question

https://community.purepla.net/topic/show?tid=10363&fid=50

Welcome to the community!

Stephen

PS There are emergency numbers for everyone to use if they have a supply problem. There's a link at the bottom of the screen. I think if you lose your electricity you use that number, you don't need to contact Pure Planet at all. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong!

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi Becca

See if this answers your question

https://community.purepla.net/topic/show?tid=10363&fid=50

Welcome to the community!

Stephen

PS There are emergency numbers for everyone to use if they have a supply problem. There's a link at the bottom of the screen. I think if you lose your electricity you use that number, you don't need to contact Pure Planet at all. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong!

Thank you Stephen :) I think it does answer my question, though I’m unsure if there’s a priority for reconnecting folks who have health conditions/elderly that mean they need heating to be on reliably?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you Stephen :) I think it does answer my question, though I’m unsure if there’s a priority for reconnecting folks who have health conditions/elderly that mean they need heating to be on reliably?

No problem Becca.

The FAQ says Members on the PSR will be prioritised during energy outages to make sure power is restored to the property as quickly as possible.

I don't know how it works, but that's what it says! Is that helpful?

Stephen

Hi,

I’m on my current supplier’s vulnerable customers scheme - i.e. if electricity cuts out in my home, the prioritise reconnecting it due to me needing to keep warm for health reasons.

Hi @BeccaJ 

Welcome to the Pure Planet Community, just to add to @stephenrand’s answer, your local energy distributor will also have a scheme you can sign up to.

For example, Western Power Distribution’s is here ​​​​​, they contact us whenever there’s planned maintenance, or a power cut, as my wife has RSDS/CRPS and uses, among other things, an EPIOC, and a profiling bed.

I’ve not had a power cut since joining Pure Planet, so I can’t comment how efficiently all this works, but Western Power have been pretty good and contacting us in the past.

Hope this helps,
Kindest Regards​

Gwyndy​​​​​​

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @BeccaJ 

I’m not sure if this will help but have a read of THIS recent post.

Fantastic stuff @stephenrand @Gwyndy @woz for the really helpful replies :heart_eyes:

Hope that’s helped @BeccaJ and looking forward to welcoming you to Pure Planet if you decide you’d like to switch!