Solved

Direct Debit taken today yet I'm in credit

PP have taken a Direct Debit the day aftger they closed

I’m already in credit, this has to be fraudulent surely !!!

icon

Best answer by Lapa 14 October 2021, 10:20

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The direct debit is taken and passed to the new supplier. 

@Vass Sorry, but it is nonsense to assume it is a fraudulent action.  You have a DD in place as part of your agreement with PP, payments will be collected in accordance with that. It is your contractual commitment with them. If your credit level gets too high PP would refund or you can request a refund. I am the same. My credit is just over £190 and if it were not for the current circumstances I would expect the DD to be operated on the 1st November regardless.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The faqs say 

Should I cancel my Direct Debit with Pure Planet?

No. Your balance will be carried over to your new supplier.

Userlevel 3

It's not fraudulent - the process is that things carry on as normal for you and get transferred to the new supplier. If they did stop the direct debit now the payments to the new supplier would have to be higher.

the ofgen website says “Cancel your direct debit if you want to”. i have. Not because i dont trust PP, it is just that it is easier not to have to try to claim back money if the transfer process goes wrong or the payment goes astray. i have not been told who the new supplier will be. So many reputable companies have absolutley dreadful customer services these days. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

the ofgen website says “Cancel your direct debit if you want to”. i have. Not because i dont trust PP, it is just that it is easier not to have to try to claim back money if the transfer process goes wrong or the payment goes astray. i have not been told who the new supplier will be. So many reputable companies have absolutley dreadful customer services these days. 

@Rrrichard

It depends….

If you have substantial credit on your account there is a case for cancelling it, but if budgeting is tight, you’re on benefits etc.  and you only have less than a months average credit then the more vulnerable or less well off could easily find themselves in difficulty having to find a large sum in 2 or 3 months time (think xmas) so my advice in those circumstances would be to continue paying the DD.

Your circumstances and mileage may vary.

@Vass

As to calling it fraud, fraud would be someone deliberately taking the money and not providing the goods, the money is ringfenced and will be used to pay for your energy so no, it isn’t fraud.

Calm….

Hello @Rrrichard and @Vass 

Thanks for posting! I can see you’ve received some really valuable advice from fellow Community member’s @woz, @G4RHL, @Lapa and @srf739. You can read more on PP ceasing trading and what it means for your account here:

I hope this helps! 

I have cancelled my DD because I'm £851 in credit.

If they took this month's I would be £1000.

On the basis I will need to set up a new one it makes sense to me to not give them any more of my money... 

I have cancelled my DD because I'm £851 in credit.

If they took this month's I would be £1000.

On the basis I will need to set up a new one it makes sense to me to not give them any more of my money... 

Entirely your choice @Suzyh, however judging by some of your other posts, whether you are actually £851 in credit is, shall we say ‘open to interpretation’

You have stated that in other places, that amongst other things:

You “(Pure Planet) asked me to take a photo of the readings which I did.”

You “the[n] had a smart meter installed.“

And that Pure Planet need to “sort this ASAP, [as] it's not nice knowing I may have under or overpaid.”

Therefore, at least so far as I understand it:

You actually have no ‘evidence’ of what your ‘credit’ is.

What you actually are in possession of is appears to be statements which contain ‘Credits’ but not ‘Debits’ (or at least not an accurate account of your debits.) I went through something similar to this with Solarplicity when my Smart Meter was installed, and it comes as quite a hit to the balance when the figures are resolved.

Someone, presumably no longer Pure Planet, will have to either sort this out, or write it off, eventually - but until that happens, your claims to be ‘£851 in credit’ are just that, claims - not facts.

Until your issues with meters, readings, and statements are resolved, that money is not actually ‘yours’ - it’s, at best, ‘in dispute.’

Kindest Regards

Gwyndy

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Gwyndy @Suzyh 

I posted a similar reply to @Suzyh ‘s other post.https://community.purepla.net/conversations/3668

Great minds think alike @woz