Solved

Direct Debit payments

• 28 June 2018
  • 9 replies

Hi

I'm thinking of switching to pure planet but I noticed that DD payments fluctuate seasonally. Is there a way to pay one amount all year? I don't want my DD to change unless my usage increases.

Thanks
icon

Best answer by woz 6 July 2018, 17:34

Hi Harika
before you change the amount, just reminding you that your payments have been set to a lower amount in the summer months. It's split 60/40, you pay 60% of your annual estimated charge in the winter months and 40% in the summer months, so if your annual payment amount was for example, £1200 a year or £100 a month,
from March to September you would pay £80 a month,
and October to February it would go £120 a month.
You can check this in the app if you click on My Account then scroll down to Your Payment Plan.

If you need to still need change the DD, click on help in the app, then ask wattbot, then message the team, asking for your DD to be increased. Someone should then get back yo you.
View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi jimbob.

Welcome to the community.
At the moment the DD payments are set so that you pay a little less in the summer when your usage is usually lower. Once you have switched you can ask for the amounts to be changed provided you are within certain parameters. It does seem a little odd and very differant to how everyone else charges. However PP listen to their customers and make changes accordingly, and a plan to change DD payments process is in the pipeline so hopefully some time soon you will have greater control over how much you pay each month.
When i first joined i had lots of questions and some concerns. Since then ive had nothing but good service and a saving of 20% on my leccy bill.
Hope you are not put off by the way PP work.
Regards. A happy customer
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
I was a little bit the same Jimbo when considering switching, as I too was used to paying the same amount all year round, and if did want to change the DD amount, was used to being able to do so myself each month.

i didn’t let this one little negative deter me from switching tho, as the positives by far outweighed that one little niggle. Like Jon says, since joining, I too have had nothing but fantastic service. The whole ethos of PP is a breath of fresh air (there really was no pun intended!)
How do we change the DD amounts as mine is too low! I need to make sure I am paying enough!

Thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Harika
before you change the amount, just reminding you that your payments have been set to a lower amount in the summer months. It's split 60/40, you pay 60% of your annual estimated charge in the winter months and 40% in the summer months, so if your annual payment amount was for example, £1200 a year or £100 a month,
You can check this in the app if you click on My Account then scroll down to Your Payment Plan.

If you need to still need change the DD, click on help in the app, then ask wattbot, then message the team, asking for your DD to be increased. Someone should then get back yo you.
This is a really great post @woz
Spot on and very thorough too. Hope it answered your query @Harika because your fellow community member has really made a top effort to help, and with a screengrab too! :raisinghands:
I'm going to rate this as a second 'Best Answer' to the thread because it's brill :o

woz;8135:
Hi Harika

Sorry if I have hacked in to someone else thread eek! Thank you @woz I will take heed but I feel that it is still too low. I am detached and 4 bed to reception rooms. It just still sounds a bit off and I do not want a deficit. It has happened too many times. I reckon £200 a month would be better.Does that sound excessive?
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi harika. One of the properties i manage we pay 100 per month a slightly larger house with owners that shall we say are cavilier with their usage. To a point of a tv is left on all day so the dogs dont get bored. 10000khw of electric per year.this is with oil heating and hot water.its tough to compare without knowing your usage or is it gas and electric.
But woz gave a great answer and monthly billing any debt is soon noticed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Harika;8215:
Sorry if I have hacked in to someone else thread eek! Thank you @woz I will take heed but I feel that it is still too low. I am detached and 4 bed to reception rooms. It just still sounds a bit off and I do not want a deficit. It has happened too many times. I reckon £200 a month would be better.Does that sound excessive?

Hi Harika
it's hard to say without some idea of your historic usage.

If your summer months payment was £200 your winter would be £300, that is VERY high even for a 4 bed detached.

If on the other hand you thought your ANNUAL payments should be £200 a month all year that would be £2400 a year which would equate to £160 in the summer months and £240 in the winter for PP.
I hesitate to suggest a suitable amount without knowing your usage and what you pay now, but for the summer months I would have thought £160 was more than enough especially with the hot weather (unless you have air conditioning).
I understand you don't want to end up in deficit, but presumably PP have set your payments on what you normally use?
Do you have any figures from your previous supplier?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
woz;8135:
Hi Harika

Sorry of course I meant April to September - not March! my stupid error!