I want to increase my direct debit 

What do I need to do

Kind regards

Jenny  

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi
You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can.

Any particular reason  you want to increase your payments? Is you account in debt?

PP review accounts twice per year. But you can ask them to review your account at any point via the app>balance and payments.

heres a link for you to check out:
https://community.purepla.net/payments-31/review-my-direct-debit-10319

Or you could make a one off payment:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Romell 

Just to add to Angelabikerbabe's excellent answer, it may be worth adding that most people's accounts will go into debit between January and March, then as it gets warmer, less energy is used on heating, and accounts go back into credit. That's why it's worth using the account review system to check if you are on track. I would only get concerned if my debit went over 2x my monthly direct debit.

Hope that helps. Apologies if I've guessed wrong about your concerns.

Stephen

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Often  systems are set up by the recipient to draw from your account only a designated amount and to change that is not easy. Well it should be, it’s just that it complicates the norm. However, you can set up your own additional payments if you want. You will of course need PP’s bank account and sort code. If you follow the help function in your app and send a message - don’t forget to start with “message the team” they may respond with the relevant data.

But another simpler way is if you want to guard against going into the red, despite the averaging that PP effect, just save the extra you want to save in a savings account. You will of course get little or no interest but then you won’t get any paying extra to PP.

When people want to guard against future increases it is a good method for you to adjust to the additional payments going out such that when they start you feel no different but also find you have some savings. In the days of low start mortgages I advised young couples starting out to ensure that before they take on the mortgage they satisfy themselves that they can afford the increased cost when it goes up, usually in a couple of years, but also bear in mind that in two years’ time it may not just be the two of them but there could be a young extra mouth to feed and at a time when one of them has a drop in income. Then, if they are satisfied they can meet that challenge, right from inception, to save the extra they need to pay in two years and thus by then they are used to it going out plus they have a nice little sum saved in the bank.

Better therefore not to pay the supplier more than it asks but save the extra you think you may have to pay. But don’t be tempted to draw on it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi 

I want to increase my direct debit 

What do I need to do

Kind regards

Jenny  

@Romell 

hi Jenny, if you have a figure in mind simply go to wattbot (help and support>ask a question) when logged in and type message the team and your message requesting the increase. Persist until it says your message has been passed to the team and as long as your request is reasonable they will simply set your dd to the amount requested. If the scenario is different then as per other replies.

(Replies in 2 working days)