Solved

Day and night rates

• 18 September 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2

I’m currently a Bulb member. However, the company has consistently increased its day and night tariffs. As of September 2020, Bulb’s electricity day rate is 19.299p per kWh; the electricity night rate is 10.571p per kWh. It is also increasing its electricity standing charge to 19.210p per day. How does Pure Planet compare? I’ve seen the North East rate of 11-something, but I’m wondering if this is the average rate of day and night? If not, what are the exact tariffs for day and night? Also, the membership fee: is that charged monthly or as a one-time payment?

icon

Best answer by Angelabikerbabe 18 September 2020, 12:24

Hi  

PP has 1 rate for 24 hours per day. 

Also, membership fees are charged monthly. Theu are Just the same as the standing charges for other suppliers, just called membership fees instead

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi  

PP has 1 rate for 24 hours per day. 

Also, membership fees are charged monthly. Theu are Just the same as the standing charges for other suppliers, just called membership fees instead

Just get a quote and you’ll see if/what you can save...

Userlevel 2

Nice one, thank you both

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@nmannix

Do you happen to know what percentage of your energy is consumed at night rate?

Do you mean Eastern? (i.e not S. Eastern), if so

The variable rate for Eastern is e13.68 / g2.739 inc vat, the 12mo. fix is 14.687/2.567

https://community.purepla.net/pure-planet-prices-44/members-rates-and-membership-fee-what-are-they-10325

Userlevel 4

It can sometimes be more beneficial to have a fixed tariff, as standard rate plans can increase, however on the flip side of that they can also decrease (negative issue on a fixed plan) 

Some one has already suggested getting a quote, and comparrison sites can also show you the best rates around right now. But I'd be sure to get an accurate consumption for your usage over the past 12 months.

I'm also going to say sometimes cheap is not always best , but it does depend on what you as a customer want out of your relationship with your supplier 

Userlevel 2

@woz my night-time usage is about 60%, my bills are usually between 35 and £60. I’m based in the Chester, (north west), so 13.613, which is significantly better than Bulb. And I agree with @Mightymidget about a fixed tariff plan. I’m looking at switching to that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

The fixed tariff rates for NW are 

14.716 2.636
The electricity is more but gas is less than variable rates.   

Welcome to the community @nmannix and nice one for getting stuck in.

What a warm welcome from other Members! Such stars :slight_smile::heart_eyes:

I hope it’s been useful so far. Happy to keep chatting here of course if you’ve got more questions!