Solved

Credit transfer

• 23 November 2021
  • 9 replies

I joined Pure Planet from Avro Energy just before the latter ceased trading. My account was in credit. Will the balance be transferred to Pure Planet and in turn to Shell Energy?

icon

Best answer by Duppy 23 November 2021, 17:37

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @davbrad  yes your credit with PP will be transferred to Shell. There is information in the faqs on the forum but sadly it won’t let me link. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

This is a really great link @davbrad . 

https://community.purepla.net/pure-planet-ceases-to-trade-your-faqs-50

Hope your linking gets fixed soon our Laps 🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’ve given up Bev. I know my link slave will come b hind and sort the links for me ;) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I joined Pure Planet from Avro Energy just before the latter ceased trading. My account was in credit. Will the balance be transferred to Pure Planet and in turn to Shell Energy?

@davbrad

Was your transfer to PP complete and if so how long were you with PP before they (pp) ceased?

Have you had any emails from Octopus?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@davbrad 

When switching, credits from energy companies don't transfer to the new company ( companies that have gone bust is a different process ). The credit would normally be processed by Avro, but as they have gone bust your credit will be sorted by their SoLR which is Octopus.

Any credit you have with PP will be processed by Shell

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks @Duppy I had a brain freeze I meant to write Octopus and then wrote Shell, doh! Since edited.

I’m guessing  @davbrad probably received emails from Octopus, but maybe ignored them? thinking they were a crossover. They weren’t.

Thank you all for your comments.  I left Avro and joined PP in August 2021 before PP ceased trading in October.  I wasn’t transferred to Octopus because I had left Avro and they ceased trading in September. I suppose it was just bad timing but I can’t be the only one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@davbrad 

you probably just missed your refund from Avro,  but you’ll get it back from Octopus - eventually….

It might be worth emailing them to ask.

https://octopus.energy/contact-us/

Hello @davbrad 

Thanks for posting! I can see you’ve received some amazing advice from your fellow Community Member’s here. These may also be helpful to have a gander at:

I hope this helps!