Solved

credit agencies

Does oure planet send information on payment credit history to credit agencies such as experian, who provide credit scores?
I have been using clearscore.com and i have no records under utilities.
icon

Best answer by Marc 20 May 2019, 10:50

View original

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi Phil1093
​I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that if a search hasn't appeared in Experian (I think they are the same as Clearscore) then PP probably haven't done one. (although it can take a while to show).
​Most of the big six do searches (possibly EDF don't or didn't). The main thing they look for is default with an energy supplier, I don't think just having a bad score would necessarily preclude you.
Obviously if you persistently don't pay you'd probably end up with a naughty mark on your file.
There is a little less reason for PP to do one because the first payment is made when you switch, so technically I guess you're paying up-front- I'm not sure if that is still considered to be credit?

It's really down to @Nataly or @Marc to answer this one.

May I ask why you asked?
Hi @phil1093
Welcome to the community!
Thanks for posting.
We don't currently send info to credit agencies. We'll start doing this towards the end of this year.
Hope this helps! 🆙

@Marc , It has been 1 year now since your reply to @phil1093 . Still Pure Planet not sending info to credit reporting agancies like equifax or experian ?

I just checked my credit report with equifax - nothing is reported by pure Planet to the credit reporting agencies.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Marc , It has been 1 year now since your reply to @phil1093 . Still Pure Planet not sending info to credit reporting agancies like equifax or experian ?

I just checked my credit report with equifax - nothing is reported by pure Planet to the credit reporting agencies.

I suppose it’s possible they are not using  either experian or equifax, they could be using Transunion (or the gender changed allium equivalent TransOnion)

Nope, not in Transunion.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

hmmm...I wonder if the credit searches are selective? (for example if not on electoral register)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Marc @25 quid @A Multani 

I’ve just read through the T&C’s  not as clear as they could be…so this is more of a question as I’m not 100% sure; would the invocation of section 15.3 (routine sharing) always show up on your credit file as a search? 
That’s the only section which says they will, the other sections say they may (section 8 refers to non-payment so I’ve excluded that)

(Section 6 is Our Charges  and Section 15, Your Personal Information)

@Marc, can you confirm whether payment information is being reported to CRAs please? @woz’s answer suggests that your T&Cs say you will report customer payment info to CRAs. 

I have been with PurePlanet since Dec 20 but there is still no information regarding my account with Equifax. This makes a big difference to the credit scores of people who are diligently paying on time and in fact a lack of that data can have a negative impact on a person’s credit score. For a person about to apply for a mortgage or other large credit item this can have a much bigger impact on one’s finances than the difference in energy prices one would pay with your competitors...

@Marc @25 quid @A Multani 

would the invocation of section 15.3 (routine sharing) always show up on your credit file as a search? 

I imagine if would appear as entry of an account held, and its standing, rather than as a search.

Hi everyone, 

Just wanted to update you on your questions in this thread. 

No payment information is being sent at present. This may change in the near future, which is why it’s included in our T&C’s. 

Hope that helps clear things up! 

Hi Nataly this has been mentioned for over a year now by other members pp should help out there customers with this problem as it is enough to make people switch to a company that values us, so if you can talk to pp Managment and get this sorted soon thank you 

Hey @Nataly, is the near future nearer yet? 😉 

Hi @Jake 2 @25 quid 

Thanks for posting about this - we’ve made note and have now passed this on to our Payments team as feedback, which they’ll take into consideration. 

They’ve reassured me it is going to be looked at in future, and is something our Payments team are really keen to get underway - but, in the meantime, other areas have been prioritised such as pursuing the Reach:OUT scheme and focus on helping Members who are struggling to pay, especially in light of COVID-19 as we head into Winter. 

Unfortunately we can’t do everything at once, even if we want to! 

Hope that makes sense. :slight_smile:

Appreciate the update @Nataly

Considering Covid has been going on for 19 months surely your team can juggle more than one task

Not being an apologist, but I have worked in environments where demand outstrips supply and it’s hard to keep to timescales when new challenges emerge. At least PP is being upfront at their resource challenges. 

But do keep squeaking @Danfreeth88, as those are the wheels that get the oil… 😉  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey @Nataly, is the near future nearer yet? 😉 

😂 trust you 

Hi

it’s not just my credit score I’m also missing out on cash back from the bank, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi

it’s not just my credit score I’m also missing out on cash back from the bank, 

The cashback from your bank shouldn't be affected, I know my bank pays it

Considering Covid has been going on for 19 months surely your team can juggle more than one task

Hey @Danfreeth88 

Our focus so far has been on providing as much support to our Members as possible if they’re struggling to pay - and COVID-19 is unfortunately just a small part of that. 

We’ve recently sent out a health-check email to all Members, to help Members check and update their accounts ahead of Winter, too.  

@Jake 2 as @Duppy’s advised, your energy supplier shouldn’t have any impact on cashback from your bank. It may be best to contact them directly for any issues? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Jake 2 

In the very early days many years ago when fish were small  and  women were in the kitchen (or was it the other way round) PP were not on the Santander cashback list but they are now. Is it a different bank? 

Hi woz lol yes Santander bank they don’t give me any cash back, I’ll get on to them and see why they not been giving it me fraudsters