Solved

Cost

• 22 June 2019
  • 2 replies

Really confused, was told pure planet are cheap but it seems to be costing me more living in a two bed flat alone than living in a 3 bed house with four other people
icon

Best answer by Strutt G 22 June 2019, 12:09

Hi Tel,

Welcome to the community,

I regularly do the stats along with many other members who post in the community and PP are very competitive.
As you know PP provides cost price clean energy with no mark up and pay for their infrastructure by charging the membership fee which is the same as a standing charge other suppliers call it.

I would hope that you know your historic usage so that you are in a position to be able to calculate and compare because your message is vague. And to assist you the community would need more information.

You have your emailed quotation, your emailed monthly statement based on your meter reads v your monthly direct debits, as advised in your emailed welcome pack.

I hope your are sending meter reads when advised to do so, not that matters really because you can send meter reads frequently within the APP up to the statement date so that bills are not estimated.

Perhaps have another think and review your usage x cost and revert back for more advice.
The PP deal is a great offer and plus you get lots of advice when you need it.

Have a great day
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi Tel,

Welcome to the community,

I regularly do the stats along with many other members who post in the community and PP are very competitive.
As you know PP provides cost price clean energy with no mark up and pay for their infrastructure by charging the membership fee which is the same as a standing charge other suppliers call it.

I would hope that you know your historic usage so that you are in a position to be able to calculate and compare because your message is vague. And to assist you the community would need more information.

You have your emailed quotation, your emailed monthly statement based on your meter reads v your monthly direct debits, as advised in your emailed welcome pack.

I hope your are sending meter reads when advised to do so, not that matters really because you can send meter reads frequently within the APP up to the statement date so that bills are not estimated.

Perhaps have another think and review your usage x cost and revert back for more advice.
The PP deal is a great offer and plus you get lots of advice when you need it.

Have a great day
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Tel
When you say "it's costing you" do you mean your direct debit or your usage or both?

It's very hard to help without much more detail! To help us help you we need more information as to why you think it's costing you more
Do you have your original quote telling you what your DD was based on?
May I suggest that you do the following:
First of all are you dual fuel? Do you heat with gas or electric? Is your water heated with gas or electric?

Then for about a typical week or longer take meter readings twice a day at about the same time.
Take the first reading when you get up, and then when you go to bed.
If you are gas as well as electric, unless you cook on gas or heat water on gas your gas readings will not move much, but we'll try and take that into account.
Then post back with readings and your original quote.

Tel;31839:
Really confused, was told pure planet are cheap but it seems to be costing me more living in a two bed flat alone than living in a 3 bed house with four other people