Solved

complaint

• 29 June 2021
  • 3 replies

I can honestly say that I would NEVER recommend Pure Planet to any family or friends. Why is a company so difficult to contact or communicate with? 

I moved out in May, advised Pure Planet of this, got my final bill and closed the account…. Since then, I’ve had a direct debit go out in June (which ive already complained about but OBVIOUSLY nobody has got back to me). I cancelled my DD so they didn’t take anymore money for a house I HAVEN’T LIVED at for nearly 2 months… and today had an email saying I need to reinstate my DD! 

absolutely terrible customer service. How am I supposed to speak to an actual human being regarding my complaint if all they have is a robot to answer questions? 

any help would be appreciated, I don’t want them chasing me for ‘debt’ that should never have been generated in the first place. 

icon

Best answer by Angelabikerbabe 29 June 2021, 12:09

Hi 
You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can.

A switch normally takes up to 6 weeks to complete, as all the details have to go through a 3rd party verifier. 

Because it takes this long, sometimes you end up paying 1 DD to PP and 1 DD to your old supplier. (But,.you are not paying for the same energy twice.)

Once the switch has completed, and if you are in credit with your previous supplier, they will issue your final bill, they will refund you. (Or if you owe them, they'll take a final payment)

The'yre asking you to reinstate your DD so that they are able to refund you , if you end up with a credit on your account

https://community.purepla.net/switching-supplier-30/switching-suppliers-what-happens-when-you-switch-10298

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi 
You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can.

A switch normally takes up to 6 weeks to complete, as all the details have to go through a 3rd party verifier. 

Because it takes this long, sometimes you end up paying 1 DD to PP and 1 DD to your old supplier. (But,.you are not paying for the same energy twice.)

Once the switch has completed, and if you are in credit with your previous supplier, they will issue your final bill, they will refund you. (Or if you owe them, they'll take a final payment)

The'yre asking you to reinstate your DD so that they are able to refund you , if you end up with a credit on your account

https://community.purepla.net/switching-supplier-30/switching-suppliers-what-happens-when-you-switch-10298

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi

Just to add….. @Keely I have recommended PP to friends and family with the proviso that PP is a DIGITAL operator. Its does not have a call centre. It provides lots of information, support via the community forum that PP set up with a (crowd source) resource of interesting information. wattBot works ok as bot and not everyone would agree, but in my experience I’ve not encountered any problems worth mentioning. I did a little research before I joined including using the following method before the final switch…. 

...We get considered account responses...from a human... via wattBot by

1. First typing  “Message the Team” followed by your question etc
  2. Response within 2 days during business hours
  3. PP sends a text prompt to remind us response available back with the bot 

If all else fails you can contact PP’s community managers via this forum via a DM! They have no access to our accounts.

And there is an emergency system.

All the best 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

hi @Keely 

because you cancelled the DD I’m thinking they couldn’t take the final payment?

If you don’t want to reinstate the DD (which is by far the easiest way to deal with it) you can arrange to make a one off payment but you’ll need a reference so they know to credit the payment to you.

You CAN communicate with them using their customer service and they’ll get back to you, use wattbot to send a message to the team. (Persist until it says your message has been passed to the team...) They’ll sort  it out.

May I ask how did you communicate with them about the DD you say was incorrect where you never had a reply?