Solved

chat not working

• 5 March 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

For a couple of days now I have waited and absolutely no response from watt bot. No repose from team member completely not working. I have deleted and redownloaded the app that didn’t work. I am on the wrong tariff and therefor my meter readings are wrong I really need someone to reply soon thanks. 

icon

Best answer by woz 5 March 2021, 19:03

hi @Sophie l freem 

Firstly forget the ihd, it will mislead you, when the word meter is used it will refer to the meter that’s on the wall, not the in home display. (I or someone else will likely come back to that if we post later on)

Please can you do something for me so we can help resolve this for you (I don’t work for PP by the way)

It may well be that you have a 2 rate supply but were/are unaware of that (quite likely)

I need you to find a statement which shows your mpan (meter registration number), look at the numbers, what does it start with? A 1 or a 2?

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi

Here's a few other ways to get intouch:

But is there anything we community members could help you with? ( please don't post any personal details)

Hi @Sophie l freem 

Okay, I admit it, I don’t understand this:
“I am on the wrong tariff and therefor my meter readings are wrong”

How exactly is your tariff affecting your meter readings? 

Are you saying you have an Economy 7/10 meter? as if so, Pure Planet don’t currently offer an Economy 7/10 tariff (they charge the same unit rate 24 hours a day.)

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the help both of you

“Are you saying you have an Economy 7/10 meter? as if so, Pure Planet don’t currently offer an Economy 7/10 tariff (they charge the same unit rate 24 hours a day.)” -  when I am asked for my meter readings it asks for both day and night readings  I have no means of providing this as I have never been on a tariff as such and therefore am having to enter incorrect readings when asked  

Please see attached  I am worried this will therefore affect how they calculate my usage. I am very new to pure planet any help is appreciated. Nobody has responded in days I am worried my messages aren’t getting through to them I have searched the community pages and used the advice and nothing has worked. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

hi @Sophie l freem 

Firstly forget the ihd, it will mislead you, when the word meter is used it will refer to the meter that’s on the wall, not the in home display. (I or someone else will likely come back to that if we post later on)

Please can you do something for me so we can help resolve this for you (I don’t work for PP by the way)

It may well be that you have a 2 rate supply but were/are unaware of that (quite likely)

I need you to find a statement which shows your mpan (meter registration number), look at the numbers, what does it start with? A 1 or a 2?

I post this here because this conversation relates to the frustrations Wattbot produces. No doubt Nataly or  Marc will shift my posting to a more appropriate section. Mind you “Wattbot” is a most unfortunate name to give the facility.

I have posted elsewhere about having an app that gets data one way or another from the smart meter, possibly via PP’s site. In doing that I looked up what may be available to others. Came across a site called www.selectors.co.uk and on that site they review PP’s current app. I do no more than quote what they say:

“The most innovative or exciting aspect of the Pure Planet app is Watt Bot, which is a customer-facing chatbot.

It is powered by AI algorithms meaning that it is able to understand a broad range of queries even if they’re written in conversational English. Watt Bot was built to answer common customer queries meaning that customer service agents can be freed up to help customers with more complex issues.

This means that simple tasks such as giving meter readings or paying bills will be done with Wattbott. If you have a more important or complex problem that needs human interaction, then you can type "talk to the team" into Wattbott, and he will put you in touch with a customer service agent.

Reactions to the app have been mixed with the most significant problems emerging from customers not able to get the app to function and thereby not being able to get in touch with customer support at all. We’d recommend that any customers who are struggling to get through send a message on the supplier’s community webpage.”

No wonder we get so many writing here with their frustrations! However, the concept of “Which Bottom” is good. Somehow it needs to be more human in its response with greater accuracy when a user asks a question. PP is built around being internet and app based. The app is fine to use until you want help. I suspect the majority of those seeking help are new users. Some re-thinking is needed bearing that in mind. The response rate could be better once a user realises you have to “message the team”. On the other hand I am sure PP is continually building a database of what users keep asking, well it ought to be, as from that most questions can probably be answered correctly and we would not have third party sites recommending that frustrated users contact existing users for answers. Perhaps at least even greater simplicity and clarity. To a great extent What Bottom is a new concept to most.

Hey @Sophie l freem and welcome to the Community.

Good suggestion from @woz - if you head to the electricity meter itself (not the In-Home Display from your photo above) you’ll be able to check your meter readings. 

It may be that you need to press ‘6’ on the meter to get both readings - check out this guide on taking readings from a smart meter :slight_smile:. Let us know how you get on! 

I also flagged this with the Member Services team to check everything’s working OK with your chat - they’ve let me know they last replied on 4 February. They’ve successfully received your latest reply on the evening of 4 March - it’s worth noting it’s not a live chat. They’ll reply within three working days, though it’s often sooner than that. Hope that helps reassure you!

Userlevel 1

Thanks everyone for your input as I say I am very new to this having just bought my first ever home. I have since been able to locate both rates for day and night from my actual meter not in home device as you advised and have sent my actual meter readings which seem to be more like it as it says I was using a lot of energy. I have sent these over hopefully I didn’t cause too much confusion 😁

Great news @Sophie l freem, thanks for updating us here in the Community too :grinning: