Solved

Charge query

My electricity meter reading went down as last months was wrong but I still got charged £90 for electrics why is this?

icon

Best answer by Angelabikerbabe 8 March 2021, 16:03

So, that bill is for 2 months. 

6 jan to 6 mar.

So it looks like they have just disregarded Feb incorrect reading. 

As 25468- 24861= 606 kwh.which is correct. 

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi

When you say 'charged',  if you mean your Direct Debit, then your DD is fixed ( for 6 months anyway, 60/40 split winter/summer), 

Your DDs are not directly linked to what you use every month. It is spread over a year.

PP take your estimated usage and divide it into 12 DD payments spaced over the year.

PP review accounts twice per year and if you use less than expected, then your DDs will decrease. 

HI,

Thanks for reply.  No it's not the DD but the billed amount, I’ve accrued a large amount on account balance so the bill just comes out of this and DD stays the same each month regardless of bill 150 for gas and electric but  I mistakenly took the wrong reading last month and this months reading is less than last months but my bill instead of being a minus has actually come out as £90.  Surely if the reading is less than month before this would be a credit rather than a debit?  

Gas has stayed roughly the same.

How can a mimus reading end up as a plus Bill (not DD) 

thanks

Sam 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Sam

So, you are saying your statement shows that you have been charged £90 for electricity,  am i correct?

This £90 does not include gas?

If this is the case, then what does the calculation for electric say on your statement?

Previous reading- current reading= etc?

(As we on this forum are fellow customers we don't have access to customers accounts, so we can only go off the info you state. )

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Can you post a screenshot of the part of your statement which shows this calculation?  , please don't show any of your personal info.

SEE ELECTRICITY GONE DOWN FEB TO MARCH 

THIS IS THE BILL I GOT TODAY WHERE THE ELECTRICITY SAYS £90 EVEN THOUGH READINGS HVE GONE DOWN.
MONTHLY DD IS AROUND 150 AND DOES NOT CHANGE AND I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU CREATE SURPLUS IN SUMMER AND USE THIS IN AW BUT THIS DOESN'T EXPLAIN WHY ELECTRIC USE FOR A PERIOD I HAVE GONE BACKWARDS IN USE?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

So, that bill is for 2 months. 

6 jan to 6 mar.

So it looks like they have just disregarded Feb incorrect reading. 

As 25468- 24861= 606 kwh.which is correct. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Doesn't really matter that you put in a mis reading for Feb. 

The calculation has actually been taken from 6 jan to 6 mar. 

If you get my meaning. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Sam Stanley 

PP have recalculated your statement to include two months usage. The charge of £95.98 is for two months electricity.

Thanks I understand now thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks I understand now thanks 

👍