Solved

Cannot upload meter readings online any more.

• 17 November 2021
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 2

Help.  I can no longer upload my meter readings.  I have just tried and the online site says that Pure Planet has disabled that part of the system.   What do I do now?   Shell has only sent me the welcome email, and one telling me that my new rate is way more than my old Pure Planet fixed rate deal.  I am a very low user of electricity, and guess usage will cause me a huge problem.   I simply cannot afford for Shell to help themselves to loads of money without telling me first, and as they haven’t been in touch to set up any account, I cannot try to leave.   I am now in a panic about this.   Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Mavis1 17 November 2021, 19:44

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@OllieBertie 

Have a look at this, posted yesterday.

Userlevel 2

Thanks.

That’s the message I saw when I tried to post my readings.   The problem is that Shell isn’t getting in touch.   There isn’t a way of giving them accurate readings.   This puts us in danger of guestimate bills.

That’s why I am so worried.   It was premature of PP to stop the ability to give our readings.

Userlevel 2

Sorry, can’t spell.   I meant guesstimate.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It will take a while for our accounts to be up and running prob end of the year/Jan. it is part of the SOLR process not Pure Planet being awkward. 

Userlevel 2

Does that mean that we are going to be paying an unrealistic amount each month until Shell can get everyone’s accounts sorted, or are we going to get one huge bill?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi OllieBertie. 

Your DD payments will stay as they are until shell has finished setting up the accts. Once complete they will then accept meter readings so unless your usage changes by a large amount then what you continue to pay will cover your first statement from shell. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

As long as you’ve left your DD in place you’ll be fine. 

Userlevel 2

Thank you both, Mavis1 and Lapa for explaining that to me.   I have been so confused.   Now I can calm down a bit!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Trust me @OllieBertie ive been confused and worried about things myself. So totally understand. You may see a post I wrote yesterday about my monthly bill being crazily high, so I contacted Shell to see if they could tell me roughly how much would be. Turns out my bill is 1/3 of the bill I came up with. Was a lot calmer after the did they calculations but was having a major freak out yesterday morning. 

Userlevel 2

I did read your posts, and am very glad that your bills aren’t going to be so high!   

Hello @OllieBertie 

Thanks for posting! Some terrific advice from @Mavis1, @Duppy and @Lapa here, I’m glad to hear that it’s had a calming effect - it is almost Friday after all. :ok_hand:

For your own records you can also keep note of regular readings to help keep track of your usage if you’d like to!

I hope this helps!

Hello @OllieBertie 

Thanks for posting! Some terrific advice from @Mavis1@Duppy and @Lapa here, I’m glad to hear that it’s had a calming effect - it is almost Friday after all. :ok_hand:

For your own records you can also keep note of regular readings to help keep track of your usage if you’d like to!

I hope this helps!

Thank you for posting this information I am still waiting for shell to contact me. I have left my direct debit in place but would like shell to contact me so I can give a meter reading I do not want any unpleasant surprises.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Sandra jones 

Shell won't contact you until the accounts are fully transferred over. According to some of the other posts that won't be until January, meanwhile take readings and record them somewhere, so that they are available when Shell contact you. It's likely that they will ask for a reading than issue a stated/bill covering the period of 17 October to whatever the date they ask for the reading. It won't make any difference, apparently Shell only issue statements/bills every 3 months

Hello @Sandra jones 

Thanks for posting! @Duppy is spot on here - until Shell start to take readings you can note your readings down for your own records, if  you like. 

These may be useful reads too:

I hope this helps!