Solved

Cannot submit my meter readings

• 27 February 2018
  • 22 replies

The app won't let me submit my meter readings, I'm a bit confused with this process. My bill was due to go out yesterday but it's not gone and the app now says it's due today.

Can you please explain how to deal with this silly app. I'd much rather talk to a person instead of a forum.
icon

Best answer by woz 28 February 2018, 00:39

Not sure why you have the errors but...
Firstly, make sure you have the latest version of the App, you can see which version you have by tapping the 3 short lines at the top right and at the bottom of the list which slides in from the right, you should see the version number which is I believe currently 7.0.13 (note for the team here..I would have expected the app version number to be shown when the "about" tab is selected but Pure Planet have deemed it more logical to display it as described above).
Once updated if required...
If you then select "My Account" from that list there appears a further selection "Send a meter reading"
If all else fails try deleting and reinstalling the app.
If you still have no success either use the "help" within the app (click on the 3 white lines top right to get to Help in the list of options assuming you are able to and if it works) or post a message here and one of the team should help.
View original

22 replies

Ive had the same thing. app on phone says server not connecting and therefore i cant access my account page to submit meter readings which they have requested, and i cant contact them by phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Not sure why you have the errors but...
Firstly, make sure you have the latest version of the App, you can see which version you have by tapping the 3 short lines at the top right and at the bottom of the list which slides in from the right, you should see the version number which is I believe currently 7.0.13 (note for the team here..I would have expected the app version number to be shown when the "about" tab is selected but Pure Planet have deemed it more logical to display it as described above).
Once updated if required...
If you then select "My Account" from that list there appears a further selection "Send a meter reading"
If all else fails try deleting and reinstalling the app.
If you still have no success either use the "help" within the app (click on the 3 white lines top right to get to Help in the list of options assuming you are able to and if it works) or post a message here and one of the team should help.
Hi @CazandCo and @Kevin C
Welcome to the community. Thanks for posting.
Some members are reporting issues when submitting meter readings in the app.
This is not a widespread issue but we are investigating why some are affected, and not others.
The reply from @woz is great - thanks for helping out @woz 👍

In the meantime, if you are not successfully submitting readings, please follow these steps.

1. Make sure you have the latest version of the app - v 7.0.13. To be certain you should uninstall it and reinstall it from the App Store or Google Play
2. When you login be sure to complete the security check from the most recent Pure Planet email. If you click on a security check from anything but the latest email it won't log you in. Some members have cleared all Pure Planet emails from their inbox first, in order to be 100% sure of verifying from the latest email
3. Before submitting your reading, check that you have good connectivity
4. Go to Menu > My Account > Send a meter reading
5. Tap on the word 'Electricity' just above the pink line. Your phone's keyboard will pop up

6. Enter the reading. Then tap on Next (if you can't see the word 'Next' it's because it is covered by the keyboard. This can happen on some Android phones. Tap anywhere else on the screen to hide the keyboard)
7. Enter your gas meter reading (if applicable). Then tap on Next
8. Before submitting your readings, double check they are accurate.
9. If they are not correct, tap on 'Tap to change' and repeat the process
10. If they are correct, tap on 'Submit'

I hope that helps? Let me know if this doesn't fix the issue for you.
I'm getting pretty annoyed with this lack of communication now. So much so I am going to switch elsewhere unless you can resolve this matter asap.

After signing up you emailed asking for the initial meter readings, the email said to reply by email with pictures of the meters. I did. Since then you have failed to process the initial readings, I have now received an email saying that because you didn't get my initial meter readings that you will charge me from a made up figure.

Sort your app out so I can input the starting figures in, then sort your app out so I can put in my first months meter readings.

I have deleted, reinstalled the app blah blah and I'm quite frankly irritated by the useless app and that no one can possibly call me to resolve this issue.

Sort it out. If you expect me to go outside in this horrible weather on my crutches to get a picture, at least have an app that is fit for purpose.
Hi @CazandCo
I'm going to flag this with the team.
But can I first ask, what make/model phone do you have, and what version of the operating system is it running?
Thanks, we'll get this sorted.
Marc;4339:
Hi @CazandCo
I'm going to flag this with the team.
But can I first ask, what make/model phone do you have, and what version of the operating system is it running?
Thanks, we'll get this sorted.

Hi there,

I am currently using the iPhone 8 plus. I have attached the picture to show you which version of the app I am using. 7,0.13.

Received no contact from the team as yet.

Catherine
Thanks @CazandCo for the info.
What happens when you go to Menu > My Account > Send a Meter Reading ?
Do you see the submit electricity reading screen, and can you tap on the word 'electricity' above the pink line?

When I try to submit it on the app it has no arrow to move from the menu to the screen above.

How hard is it to get an app that works
Hi @CazandCo

There's no arrow. Make sure you are logged in. Then, here's what you do:

1. Tap on the three lines in the top right hand corner - this opens the menu. Circled in red in the screengrab below

2. With the menu open, tap on My Account. This opens your account section

3. With the My Account section open, see that the second option in the list says 'Send a meter reading' - tap on that

4. This opens the meter reading page. Tap on the word 'Electricity' just above the pink line to begin entering the reading, then click next to move to gas (if you have gas too)

Are you able to see these same steps on your phone? Let me know if there's anything that isn't the same.
Step three has no arrow on it. Tap the words and it does nothing.

How do I go about leaving this company please? I imagine the option to leave won't be working on the app either
CazandCo;4589:
Step three has no arrow on it. Tap the words and it does nothing.

How do I go about leaving this company please? I imagine the option to leave won't be working on the app either

Hi @CazandCo
Ah, I see what you mean.
So when you tap on the option in the menu to 'Send a meter reading' what happens on your phone?
(By the way you don't have to tap on the arrow, tapping on the text does the same thing)
It does nothing.
Thank you @CazandCo I've reported this to the app team. I will get back to you
Hi again @CazandCo it should all be working fine now. Wasn't an app issue, it was an error on your account which is completely our fault.
I will DM you.
Sorry for the hassle. You should now be able to submit a meter reading!
Hi, I am having same issue. when i tap send meter reading on app it directs me to the email, which takes me to the app and round in circles. I can't find how to send readings online rather than through the app. How can I do this?
Fritter;4673:
Hi, I am having same issue. when i tap send meter reading on app it directs me to the email, which takes me to the app and round in circles. I can't find how to send readings online rather than through the app. How can I do this?

Hi @Fritter
Thanks for posting in the community!
Sounds like you're caught in the 'login loop'. What causes this is when going to email from the app to click on the security check to verify your account, your phone will not necessarily show you the most recent email from us. Very often you will be taken straight to the body of an older email, not the inbox 'list' view of all emails.
So to be sure, after entering your email address into the app to login, instead of following the link from the app to your email, simply press your home button, then open your email app, be 100% sure you open the most recent email from Pure Planet, and then tap on 'finish your security check'.
The other thing is to make sure you've got the latest version of the app v. 7.0.13. Delete and reinstall it to be certain.
Thanks, I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. That worked. Seems very cumbersome.
Why no facility to submit via website as well as app?

Marc;4729:
Hi @Fritter
Thanks for posting in the community!
Sounds like you're caught in the 'login loop'. What causes this is when going to email from the app to click on the security check to verify your account, your phone will not necessarily show you the most recent email from us. Very often you will be taken straight to the body of an older email, not the inbox 'list' view of all emails.
So to be sure, after entering your email address into the app to login, instead of following the link from the app to your email, simply press your home button, then open your email app, be 100% sure you open the most recent email from Pure Planet, and then tap on 'finish your security check'.
The other thing is to make sure you've got the latest version of the app v. 7.0.13. Delete and reinstall it to be certain.
When I try to access my app I just get intro screen and then nothing!!!

Michael
I'm getting fed up with pure planet because I can't access my account to do meter readings and the switch over has been a nightmare, I'm still getting high bills from N Power who I was never with and we've only lived at our present address for 2 months and I'm paying my utilities to pure planet since may.
I've been constantly phoning N Power who have told me that the meter readings I'm giving them have been rejected by pure planet, and today I've emailed the meter readings to pure planet.

I'm getting a better provider if pure planet don't get their act together and I suggest that maybe they should contact me for these meter readings along with sorting this 'not fit for purpose app'.
Richard71;7567:
I'm getting fed up with pure planet because I can't access my account to do meter readings and the switch over has been a nightmare, I'm still getting high bills from N Power who I was never with and we've only lived at our present address for 2 months and I'm paying my utilities to pure planet since may.
I've been constantly phoning N Power who have told me that the meter readings I'm giving them have been rejected by pure planet, and today I've emailed the meter readings to pure planet.

I'm getting a better provider if pure planet don't get their act together and I suggest that maybe they should contact me for these meter readings along with sorting this 'not fit for purpose app'.

Hi @Richard71
Thanks for the message. I've checked this out with our service team. I think what's happening is that you're using an incorrect email address to login to the app. Please use the '71' version, not the '7' email address.
Hope that makes sense?!!
I've got the same issue. tried rebooting phone restarting app etc. two different locations
Hi @Microgeneration
What kind of phone have you got? And can you also see what version of the operating system it's running?
We did have a server issue which has been resolved. Are you still unable to submit meter readings?