Solved

Cannot get a quote at all?

• 20 September 2021
  • 11 replies

Hi - I’ve been trying to get a quote all day (it offered me a fixed deal yesterday), but whenever I’ve hit the ‘Get a Quote’ button it says:  “Sorry, we’re doing some updates right now - We’re doing some maintenance which means you can’t get a quote with us right now, but we expect this to be back soon so check back later”

I waited and waited, but it still says it.

Does this mean PurePlanet is going bust?

icon

Best answer by Nataly 20 September 2021, 18:40

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I hope not. 

See recent post:

Hey @julz 

Just jumping in to reassure you that’s not the case! 
Please see our service updates post here - 

It’s due to a technical bug, which is currently being worked on by our Tech team. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

Update - this has now been resolved and everything’s back online as usual @julz:blush:

The news has several different reports claiming that Pure Planet is about to go bust as BP has withdrawn funding.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Robbo65 

somewhat on the late side but thanks for the heads-up .

@Robbo65

somewhat on the late side but thanks for the heads-up .

Well, I guess some of us may not have heard Sky News’ rumours, I wonder what Sky will do if tomorrow passes without Pure Planet collapsing, do you think there’ll be an apology?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Gwyndy

On the several and thankfully rare occasions where I’ve had first hand knowledge of a situation which has subsequently  been reported in either the mainstream or local press, I can honestly say that I’ve never seen a report where my perception of what happened tallies with the report. 

But why let facts get in the way of a good story?

and no (an apology) unless the lawyers tell them to apologise..

Chicken Licken must have been a journalist..

I hope not. 

See recent post:

It was on the news yesterday it looks like pure planet are going bust 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Theres a shortage of Harmony Hair spray and I’m pulling my hair out

@Gwyndy

On the several and thankfully rare occasions where I’ve had first hand knowledge of a situation which has subsequently  been reported in either the mainstream or local press, I can honestly say that I’ve never seen a report where my perception of what happened tallies with the report. 

But why let facts get in the way of a good story?

and no (an apology) unless the lawyers tell them to apologise..

Chicken Licken must have been a journalist..

I remember Chicken Licken and Turkey Lurkey! I had to do different voices to all the animals when reading the stories to my young kids a long long time ago! Woe betide me if the next night I mixed the voices up.

Hello @Fuzzie and @Robbo65 

Thanks for posting!

This may be useful to read: