Cannot add meter reading "server error" and "problem communicating with servers"

• 10 October 2018
  • 17 replies

Attempting to switch today. Can't add a reading. Ger server error notifications. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling app. Tried on wifi. Tried on 4g.

17 replies

Samanthan16;13064:
Attempting to switch today. Can't add a reading. Ger server error notifications. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling app. Tried on wifi. Tried on 4g.

Hi @Samanthan16
We had a server issue first thing this morning
It's been fixed but that sounds like it affected you.
Sorry about that. Can you try again?
Hi Marc. No, it's still telling me it can't connect because there's a connection problem and then that here's a server error. Samantha
Hi @Samanthan16
We've just pushed out an update to the app - more info here.
This update includes accepting meter readings faster (so less strain on your connections)
I downloaded the new app. Still not working on iPhone or iPad, 4g or wifi due to "connection problems," "your request has timed out," and "problem communicating with server." Samantha
I have this problem too 'problem communicating to server' Does the app only work when you are in the UK?
I'm in the UK and it's not working.
Samanthan16;13224:
I'm in the UK and it's not working.

Hi Samanthan16 and @SoySauce

What phones are you using? And running which versions of the OS?
Also - are they work phones?
I am using android. App version 7.12.17. It's not my work phone.
What type of phone @SoySauce and which version of Android (rather than version of the app) 🆙
I'm using both an iPhone 6 and an iPad, neither are work phones, both have latest app.
I'm having the same issue using a Samsung Galaxy S8 personal phone. Have tried on WiFi and 4G. I'm running the latest version of the app and Android 8.0.0. Any thoughts??
Android version 8.1.0. Thanks
Which phone?
SoySauce;13278:
Android version 8.1.0. Thanks
not just on 10/10 but several other days. I person with a pencil could do a better job. app errors server errors excuses excuses excuses. poor poor poor.
Hi, My app has been saying a server error. I’ve deleted reinstalled the app logged back in and it’s still saying the same. This has been for a few days now. Is there any soloution on how to fix this yet? Thanks
Hi @hagenstew @Samanthan16
Our tech team believe this should be working OK for you now?
Hope all sorted, sorry for the hassle
Hi Marc, it seems to be working now. Thanks, Hagen