Solved

Can't sign in on my iPhone - what should I do?

• 28 April 2021
  • 3 replies

As a recent customer I have downloaded the app onto my iPhone and just received an email (which I get on my laptop) to enter my meter readings.  While I could do this on my laptop, I thought it would be easier on the iPhone but it doesn’t seem to communicate.  On opening the app I get a request to click on the link to the email (on my laptop) and then get stuck.  Not sure what to do from here.  I’d like the app on my phone to work and to be able to deal with everything on there, rather than having to log in on the laptop every time.

icon

Best answer by woz 28 April 2021, 22:49

hi @MaryJK 

The email  you mention has to be on the device you’re using at that point in time BUT worry not….I’ll try to explain..You won’t have to use your laptop every time

There are a number of options here so don’t despair, you can log in with the app or online at purepla.net in the browser on your laptop or phone  so you can continue with your application on your computer then afterwards continue on your iphone (I’ll get to that bit in a minute!)

Or,  this is the important bit for ongoing access using the app, if you can get to your email on your iphone you’ll be able to use the app straight away.

If you have webmail which is most email providers (for example gmail) you should be able to log into your email in your phone browser, but even if you can’t there are other ways around this albeit they are a bit of a faff. I’ll cover that later if you can’t.

The good news is that once you log into the app using the email link you will stay logged in even if you close the app as long as you don’t actively log out, so you won’t need to worry ongoing. You’ll be able to use the app.

I don’t think this is one of my best explanations…

Post back if I’ve confused you (or even if I haven’t!)

(If you definitely can’t get your email on your phone there are other options to getting the link to your phone, but they are more complicated. Have you set up an apple email address? facebook? instagram?)

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

hi @MaryJK 

The email  you mention has to be on the device you’re using at that point in time BUT worry not….I’ll try to explain..You won’t have to use your laptop every time

There are a number of options here so don’t despair, you can log in with the app or online at purepla.net in the browser on your laptop or phone  so you can continue with your application on your computer then afterwards continue on your iphone (I’ll get to that bit in a minute!)

Or,  this is the important bit for ongoing access using the app, if you can get to your email on your iphone you’ll be able to use the app straight away.

If you have webmail which is most email providers (for example gmail) you should be able to log into your email in your phone browser, but even if you can’t there are other ways around this albeit they are a bit of a faff. I’ll cover that later if you can’t.

The good news is that once you log into the app using the email link you will stay logged in even if you close the app as long as you don’t actively log out, so you won’t need to worry ongoing. You’ll be able to use the app.

I don’t think this is one of my best explanations…

Post back if I’ve confused you (or even if I haven’t!)

(If you definitely can’t get your email on your phone there are other options to getting the link to your phone, but they are more complicated. Have you set up an apple email address? facebook? instagram?)

Thanks - I can access a hotmail account (someone else’s!) on my phone so have forwarded the email to that and am now logged in!  Thank you so much for your help.  It’s very frustrating when you can’t seem to make something which ought to be simple work!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@MaryJK great, don’t log out