Solved

Can’t give readings

• 6 November 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi, can someone help please! I've tried asking the bott but am getting nowhere. Since joining PP 6 months ago I have been unable to give readings for gas or electric. I had a smart meter for electric only with my old supplier which no longer works so can't give a reading from that and the actual meter is now covered so I can't give a reading from that either. I can see my gas meter but the PP app won't let you submit a gas readings until you have given an electric reading first. I have been unable to speak to anyone to sort this and can't find a phone number or email address to communicate with PP anywhere and the bott has been no help at all. My payments have now been increased with no warning and am finding the whole thing extremely frustrating. I am at a loss what else to do other than maybe cancel my Direct Debit and maybe then someone will get in touch to get this sorted. If anyone could help I'd be very grateful! Thanks
icon

Best answer by woz 6 November 2019, 23:23

hi Grichardson
Your smart meter does work (or it should) you just need to press a button to wake up the screen. You can't do any harm by pressing the wrong button so don't worry about that. If it's covered (not sure what you mean?) uncover it, because you should have access to the meter. If you need help reading it post back, (although the faq's might help it's easier if we know who the installer was as the button can vary but mostly it's woken by pressing 9 or A and look at the screen. If It does not spring to life you'll need a visit, my guess is it will.
(Are you on economy 7, that will make a difference to the way it's read)?
Also, there is no point on PP sending someone to read it if they don't have access.
Your payment schedule can be sorted once PP know how much energy you've used, at the moment it sounds like they have no idea.
How you've slipped under the radar without getting any communication for 6 months is a mystery, but it will be sorted, you just need to bepatient.
Have you checked wattbot and your emails?
You should not cancel the DD, it won't help and you'll cause yourself no end of problems, but that's entirely up to you.
Have you only had auto responses from wattbot, the team will reply if you type message the team and your query, as explained
(If it's in a locked meter enclosure the keys are available almost anywhere)
Post back?
Grichardson;42121:
Thanks but as I've said wattbott hasn't been any help so far! I'll give it another go with the message kind you suggest, fingers crossed!
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Grichardson;42102:
Hi, can someone help please! I've tried asking the bott but am getting nowhere. Since joining PP 6 months ago I have been unable to give readings for gas or electric. I had a smart meter for electric only with my old supplier which no longer works so can't give a reading from that and the actual meter is now covered so I can't give a reading from that either. I can see my gas meter but the PP app won't let you submit a gas readings until you have given an electric reading first. I have been unable to speak to anyone to sort this and can't find a phone number or email address to communicate with PP anywhere and the bott has been no help at all. My payments have now been increased with no warning and am finding the whole thing extremely frustrating. I am at a loss what else to do other than maybe cancel my Direct Debit and maybe then someone will get in touch to get this sorted. If anyone could help I'd be very grateful! Thanks

Hi there
Sorry about your frustrating experience. Wattbot is the way to contact Pure Planet - the key is to put 'message the team' in the question box and then explain the problem. They promise to get back to you within one or two working days.

Your increased payment is almost certainly the increased payment taken in the winter months, starting in October.

Finally, don't cancel your direct debit would be my advice - it potentially will cause more problems.

Post back if message the team in Wattbot doesn't work

​​​​​​​Stephen
Thanks but as I've said wattbott hasn't been any help so far! I'll give it another go with the message kind you suggest, fingers crossed!
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Grichardson
Your smart meter does work (or it should) you just need to press a button to wake up the screen. You can't do any harm by pressing the wrong button so don't worry about that. If it's covered (not sure what you mean?) uncover it, because you should have access to the meter. If you need help reading it post back, (although the faq's might help it's easier if we know who the installer was as the button can vary but mostly it's woken by pressing 9 or A and look at the screen. If It does not spring to life you'll need a visit, my guess is it will.
(Are you on economy 7, that will make a difference to the way it's read)?
Also, there is no point on PP sending someone to read it if they don't have access.
Your payment schedule can be sorted once PP know how much energy you've used, at the moment it sounds like they have no idea.
How you've slipped under the radar without getting any communication for 6 months is a mystery, but it will be sorted, you just need to bepatient.
Have you checked wattbot and your emails?
You should not cancel the DD, it won't help and you'll cause yourself no end of problems, but that's entirely up to you.
Have you only had auto responses from wattbot, the team will reply if you type message the team and your query, as explained
(If it's in a locked meter enclosure the keys are available almost anywhere)
Post back?
Grichardson;42121:
Good tips from @woz there @Grichardson 👆
Could you give them a try?

Good luck! It will be a test of your patience, unfortunately more than two weeks have passed and I’m still waiting for my issue to be resolved.