Solved

can not read my meters

• 26 March 2021
  • 6 replies

I can not read my meter can you send someone to read my both meter and I need a gas key to get in my  gas box

icon

Best answer by woz 26 March 2021, 21:55

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

hi @Lady Lou 

Do you know what type of meter you have, is it a smart meter fitted recently or an older one?

If you joined the Priority Services Register  and aren’t able to read your meter due to impairment, PP will send a reader a couple of times a year or so.

Meter box keys are available in most pound shops, on Amazon and very many other places, (or you could perhaps borrow one from a neighbour),. PP won’t send someone to read your meter just because you don’t have a key although you don’t say why you aren’t able to read them,.

Is the electricity meter in a box and do you have a key for that? If so it will probably fit either box.

Once you get a key reading the meter is easy, but if you aren’t sure or need some help post back, and there will be lots of help forthcoming.

I'm unable to read Gas meter, and been member  from March and No one has read the meter so far Disabled and placed on the priorty register.

They can be very infrequent and as you’ve just joined @When does meter get read, your estimates might be wrong.

In the app tap Help then Ask a Question. Now tell the Wattbot machine your situation. It likely won’t understand, so type Message the team to get the attention of a real human.

They should reply in a few days and be able to get a meter reader to visit.

Of course if you could get a friend to do a one-off reading, that would get the estimates back on course and help avoid any surprises...

I'm unable to read Gas meter, and been member  from March and No one has read the meter so far Disabled and placed on the priorty register.

At the risk of asking a stupid question:

Did you tick the box that says you want your meters read?

It says ‘quarterly’ so presumably if you joined in March, and you ticked the box in March, someone should have tried to read the meters in June? It doesn’t state if the quarterly is every three months after you join, or financial quarters, or something else.

Yes did tick the Box, Pure Planet did contact, and are arranging some to read meter.

Thank you

Perfect!