Solved

British Gas

• 26 September 2017
  • 5 replies

Are you able to give British Gas my latest meter readings
Apparently Pure planet have to provide these reading if we want our refund??
icon

Best answer by Toby 26 September 2017, 17:56

Hi @Christianknox14 and welcome to the community! Finding your way around ok?

When you're due a final bill (in this case with British Gas), your new supplier (Pure Planet) will send your old supplier the first meter readings you provide. They will then use this reading to make your final bill. When did you send you send your first meter readings to us?

Here's a little more info on how final bills work, but if you have any other questions, let me know.

https://community.purepla.net/content/224-What-happens-with-my-final-bill-when-I-switch#tkb_start
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Hi @Christianknox14 and welcome to the community! Finding your way around ok?

When you're due a final bill (in this case with British Gas), your new supplier (Pure Planet) will send your old supplier the first meter readings you provide. They will then use this reading to make your final bill. When did you send you send your first meter readings to us?

Here's a little more info on how final bills work, but if you have any other questions, let me know.

https://community.purepla.net/content/224-What-happens-with-my-final-bill-when-I-switch#tkb_start
How long does it take for you to provide the reading to the old supplier?
Userlevel 5
Hi @DebG, as soon as we have your first after you switch to us, we send it straight on to your old one. The whole process can take around 6 weeks from switching to you getting your final bill. This can be a bit of wait, but its an industry-wide time frame - One that we're working on speeding up 🙂.
Thanks Tony. They say they haven't received it yet. It's only been 5 days so I'll wait. As long as it will/has definitely been provided to them then that's fine
Userlevel 5
Its a really important part of the switch process @DebG so we make absolutely sure it all goes to plan. Just to confirm so that you have peace of mind, I've spoken to the team - We've got your readings and they are on their way to British Gas. Hope that helps!