Big companies in Britain

• 15 January 2021
  • 8 replies

In my short experience of big companies in Britain, all they are interested in is getting a regular payment. They screw you for every penny they can get. Sooner the utilities are back in public ownership the better

8 replies

Userlevel 1

In my short experience of big companies in Britain, all they are interested in is getting a regular payment. They screw you for every penny they can get. Sooner the utilities are back in public ownership the better

Thanks John for your views. I have my own views about organisations and how they view the public. Yours didn’t really address the problem raised so, if you don’t mind a positive and kindly-meant suggestion, relating opinions to the discussions in hand is more likely to open the mind of the reader to consider what you say as some will simply close theirs if they don’t quickly see a particular relevance in it to themselves.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@John418 

in addition to @randerson ‘s excellent reply, to add that although everyone is entitled to their opinion your post is completely unrelated to this thread (or at least I can’t see the relevance).

If you feel strongly about what you’ve posted (and presumably you do or you wouldn’t have taken the trouble to post) why not start your own thread to see if others want to discuss your points?  community guidelines <here

This thread is not the right place for your post.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I hope the above post doesn’t make me the thread nazi...

I have been reading through the questions and answers and come to the conclusion that like most big companies, words come cheap. I am on a fixed income and do not need to get behind with my bills. Stop talking and let’s see some action.

As a BP shareholder I demand that you improve the service

Have you a question your fellow customers can help with @John418?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @John418 what is your conclusion...on third parties affecting services...really interested to know the conclusion to what has been advised,and if it had not been advised?

Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I have been reading through the questions and answers and come to the conclusion that like most big companies, words come cheap. I am on a fixed income and do not need to get behind with my bills. Stop talking and let’s see some action.

As a BP shareholder I demand that you improve the service

@John418 

hi John

I have no idea from the locations and content of your posts what your issue is, so I’m going to assume it’s something to do with metering and your account balance and that you are unable to get an accurate bill? Is that correct or is it something else?

I’ve read your other post about public ownership and this post. I spot an irony in this, the mandating of smart metering is government controlled, it’s under the DCC which is effectively under government license. The responsibility for making the technology work has effectively been derogated to the energy companies whose hands are tied behind their backs by the DCC. There is no independent organisation who can take control and fix things when they don’t work. This is not a Pure Planet issue, it’s a government issue. Of course the energy companies are going to take whatever steps they are able, while handcuffed, to try and sort out your smart metering problems whatever they may be, after all they don’t want bad feedback from customers because that’s the first step on the road to ruin (as you can see from all the energy companies who have perished along with the jobs that go with them).

You’re at liberty to “demand” anything you like but being a BP shareholder gives you no more rights than those rightly afforded to any other customer. 

You’ll need to provoke some action from PP to fix your problem, before you (inevitably?) make a complaint to the quasi government organisation or even to BP if that takes your fancy as a plausible route, so you’ll first need to jump through the hoops of giving the energy company (PP in this case) a chance to fix whatever it is that you think needs fixing. 

to aid your journey here are some general questions as the community and it’s managers have no access to your account and even if we did this is a public community. so to help us to help you:

What service has failed you?

Do you need help getting an accurate meter reading to PP?

Is your account in debit because the payments aren’t sufficient to cover your usage?

Are you struggling to pay your bills? (If so you should discuss this with PP, they will help you set up a manageable plan)

Have you been in communication with customer services by using help&support when logged in? If so what did you ask and what was the response?

Is there any guidance the community might be able to give you to get you on the right track?

all the best,

w:robot:z

Hi @John418 

Just to let you know, I’ve merged your Community posts into one, new, thread, as they’re about a separate topic. 

Do you have a question related to your Pure Planet energy account, that we could help with? 

Looks like other Members have been quick to jump in and offer their advice. :relaxed:  

@woz has also provided some links which will hopefully prove useful! If you let us know the gist of the issue, I’m sure we’d all love to help further. :thumbsup: