Apple iPhone

New to Pure Energy and just trying to input first meter readings. Overnight updated software on my iPhone, this morning found the Pure Energy app had gone so struggled to input readings. Thankfully have the app on the iPad which worked. Job done. Andrew

103 replies

Hi @Andrew, I'm glad you managed to submit your readings in the end. It's strange that your software update has removed our app, are you able to download it again from the App Store?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I can’t for the life of me find the thread with the discussion re my iphone and the loud swoosh when it sent texts. Not every text, you remember, just once or twice a week, but bloomin annoying. Apple assured me it was a bug, and would be fixed with the update. Didn’t hold breath. 

Pleased to say, with the latest update, it’s absolutely cured it for good 👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏

Only trouble now is, and you couldn’t make it up, since the update, my iphone and iPad won’t connect via Bluetooth. Cannot find the device, aaaaaaargh! Shows other devices outside and the neighbours iPads and iPhones LOL, even the Uber driver down the road LOL but not my bloomin devices. 

Not sure if my Libre2 is anything to do with it, as uses Bluetooth occasionally, but even when switched the Libre Bluetooth off, it still didn’t work. Of course, it could just be the Libra app. Anyway, at least I’ve got my quiet swoosh back 👍👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Always suspect the last thing that changed… 

Libre2 maybe interfering with other Bluetooth stuff? You would need to forget the Libre2 bluetooth device if you wanted to fault find. Or forget and re-add the other device. What’s more important??? 😉 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Exactly. The continuation of the LIBRE2 is our Notes deffo, might right itself hopefully 🤷‍♀️🤞

Or forget and re-add the other device.  

Libre2 is first, everything else follows… 😊 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Bev 

Are they all on the same network and can you access Libre2 from all of them?

(I have no idea what’s going on but it seemed like it might be a sensible question to ask)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yes our Wozeeta 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Never know where to post my little Apple queries, so hope here will be ok. 

Last time bought train tickets, it was still Virgin, and before we’d even heard of Covid. I want to try familiarise myself with the whole new way of buying tickets, in case I impulsively decide to travel, when I’m body able. 

Few teeny questions…..

1. Used to use Virgin. Is Avanti the best one to buy from now, or is Trainline equally as good / better?  Or maybe others such as Cross Country 🤷‍♀️
  2. I’d like to pop my electronic tickets into my Apple wallet. If my tickets are emailed to me, I only use my emails on iPad NOT iphone. Can I easily get my tickets via the iPad email into my Apple wallet on iphone? 
  3. On e said tickets are in the wallet, is it similar to using Apple Pay, whereby I’d double click side of phone at ticket barrier, choose train ticket, and scan? 

Thanks in advance, as this removes a lot of the stress then, if these little things are all in hand. I can then fully focus on the body, and also Covid awareness. 

I use Trainline as it doesn’t add a fee and does split ticketing (often cheaper). It normally adds to the wallet ok, an iPad can’t use them but can share them (to your iPhone). 
Once on your phone they might just magically appear on the Lock Screen at the appropriate time. Or find them by double clicking like for Apple Pay. 
It’s all quicker than queuing for a ticket and much less faff at the barriers. 

Plus you don’t actually have to tell Trainline who you are and so can have much higher privacy and no spam. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks a million, our Notes, really really helpful. Thank you our Notelets 👍👍👍👍🚂

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Bev 

I haven’t tried it as no tickets to test but I think you have to make sure wallet is set to ON in icloud  “apps using icloud”  in settings or it won’t share between devices (presumably on both ipad and iphone?)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thank you our Wozeeta. All new to me this is, but want to be ready when do make the decision to travel. One less thing to think about. Thank you our Woz 👍👍

Not sure it works like that @woz. I’ve never seen wallet items sync between devices. 
ipad doesn’t do wallet. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

But I can get from the email on iPad to Apple wallet on phone can I, our Notes?

Yes. Or airdrop. Or messages. 
The ticket is just a file on iPad that it doesn’t understand. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Perfect. Love airdrop. Perfect. Less stressed already, now I know, thanks Notelets 👍👍👍👍

Try Trainline as they will also monitor prices for you. If for example you wish to Travel in December or more than three months ahead you can get it to let you know when tickets are released and are cheap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@25 quid

you’re probably correct as I said I haven’t tried it,  but I thought some apps where you buy tickets integrated with Wallet/Apple pay, and worked cross device, if the info was shared in icloud? You can’t share cards, they have to be added to each device.

@Bev ignore me, until I check with my son who probably knows how it works (if it works at all)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@25 quid

you’re probably correct as I said I haven’t tried it,  but I thought some apps where you buy tickets integrated with Wallet/Apple pay, and worked cross device, if the info was shared in icloud? You can’t share cards, they have to be added to each device.

@Bev ignore me, until I check with my son who probably knows how it works (if it works at all)

@25 quid is correct iphone watch and ipod (not ipad) work, https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204003

I have an ipad mini  and I never warmed to it. On the other hand if it had a keyboard I might be re-interested. 

well that’s one way of increasing your post count - talking to yourself, yes @woz it is...

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks Woz. I too have an old iPad mini, but do like booking trains on it rather than iphone, for the larger screen. So just wondered if could transfer them across, but can using airdrop. Body may say no for a while yet, so prob be impulsive buy rather than planned our Rich, but handy to know, as usually my trips were ALWAYS well planned. 

You can share wallet ticket files just like any other files. (e.g. you download them on a non-wallet device).

Once you have a ticket in your wallet, you can also share it from there (e.g. you want to share one of a set of tickets with a friend after adding them all to your wallet).

iCloud doesn’t play any part in syncing wallet items.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Learning all the time, thanks all 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You can share wallet ticket files just like any other files. (e.g. you download them on a non-wallet device).

Once you have a ticket in your wallet, you can also share it from there (e.g. you want to share one of a set of tickets with a friend after adding them all to your wallet).

iCloud doesn’t play any part in syncing wallet items.

I think it does on devices which have wallet, you have to be signed into icloud  (apologies for earlier mis-info - not picked up my ipad for about 2 years other than to update it)

Never noticed it doing it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Said 4 minutes for this crucial iOS 14.8. Not gonna lie, it’s been more like 40 minutes! 😳😳😳😳😳