Solved

app not working

• 25 July 2019
  • 6 replies

I have attempted to open the app on phone as normal to enter readings. It comes up with a blue screen saying "The Pure Planet app has been updated. Please tap below for the latest version." I assume "below" refers to the white box with "Update now" on it. But tapping this does nothing. Below that it says "or tap here to check again" but this just refreshes the page. Unintelligible small print below with message about if no update available and app stores, but there is nothing telling me whether an app is available or not, and why tell me it has been updated if it is not available - it makes no sense. Wait some time and try again. Same problem. What to do?
icon

Best answer by Angelabikerbabe 25 July 2019, 06:42

Hi, I would try uninstalling the app and then installing again . Or you could go into PP website on a computer and input your readings.
Hope this helps
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi, I would try uninstalling the app and then installing again . Or you could go into PP website on a computer and input your readings.
Hope this helps
Hmmm! I don't know how to uninstall and reinstall the app. It is a long time since I installed it originally, and can't remember the process. I should not have to do this. I thought I am logged in now on my PC to get this message, but nowhere can I see any option to input readings. When I signed up I was told this could only be done on a mobile phone. And why does your system not alert me that someone has responded to my message when I log in, instead of having to waste my time hunting for the response in "Recent Responses". I have not needed to contact the company since signing up - now I find this system of customer service leaves an awful lot to be desired!
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
So, if you're on a Pc in the website, if you click on the 3 lines at the top right, then tap 'submit a meter reading.'
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
To uninstall an app on your phone....keep your finger on the app until a pop up box appears asking if you want to uninstall.
click to uninstall .

then you will have to go to Play store (Or Apple, if iphone) and find it and install it from there.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi manicseagull
(sorry Angela hadn't seen your replies...oops)
unfortunately the update does not become available to all at the same time, thus causing this problem

PP need to fix this behaviour by merely advising and giving the user the option of update now or dismiss or dismiss and remind later.

Below are not in any particular order:
In the meanwhile not sure what your options are, if urgent (it rarely is) you could try deleting the app and re-install - pot luck whether it will be updated or not but worth a try, or
Failing that leave it a day and see if it updates or,
Go to the app store and update manually (not sure if you're ios or android, I know it can be done on ios not sure about android)

manicseagull;33900:
I have attempted to open the app on phone as normal to enter readings. It comes up with a blue screen saying "The Pure Planet app has been updated. Please tap below for the latest version." I assume "below" refers to the white box with "Update now" on it. But tapping this does nothing. Below that it says "or tap here to check again" but this just refreshes the page. Unintelligible small print below with message about if no update available and app stores, but there is nothing telling me whether an app is available or not, and why tell me it has been updated if it is not available - it makes no sense. Wait some time and try again. Same problem. What to do?
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
woz;33933:

Go to the app store and update manually (not sure if you're ios or android, I know it can be done on ios not sure about android)

This was my first thought when I saw your post, before I saw the replies.

FYI woz, it works on Android that way as well