App doesn't work!

Hi - I've asked to switch to Pure Planet and downloaded the app, and I'm getting lots of e-mails asking me to use the app to complete the switch, but the app won't open! The Logo screen comes up, but it just stays there, or goes blank. There's nothing on Google Play to suggest the app isn't compatible with my phone. I've tried updating the app and clearing space on my phone, it just doesn't seem to work. It's really annoying that there's no other way to confirm the switchover.

19 replies

Hi @Pooka
Thanks for posting
Are you still having an issue with the app?
What phone have you got?
Exactly the same issues as original posting?
Still same issue @Dave G ?
What phone have you got?

Dave G;9383:
Exactly the same issues as original posting?
Yeah I’ve been having the same problem to I just deleted the app and downloaded it again and now I’m back up and running.

I’m using an iPhone 6s

Hope that helps
I'm trying to communicate with the team for one week.
Wattbox does not work and there is no other forms of contact!!!
I'm moving to new property and I want to inform the team.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi if you are moving you need to "message the team" via wattbot with moving date,meter reading,forwarding address and if you know whos moving in,this will close that acct. Im sure marc will help out monday if your having issues using wattbot.
Once you move then you will need to switch your new house to PP.
you cant just transfer your acct.
Hi @Abdelaziz
Is the issue still that the Google Play store is telling you that our app is not available in your country?
You'll need to ensure that you're using the UK Google Play store

Abdelaziz;9603:
I'm trying to communicate with the team for one week.
Wattbox does not work and there is no other forms of contact!!!
I'm moving to new property and I want to inform the team.
Hi Mark,

Thank you for your response.
The issue is not Google Play store. I have resolved this issue when I started with you.

The application is working fine but since the last update Wattbot is not working and I cannot send a message to the team.

I need to inform the team that I'm moving to new property on 20/08/2018. So I need to close the current account. I need to know what shall I do next.

Thank you

Abdelaziz
Abdelaziz;9715:

The application is working fine but since the last update Wattbot is not working and I cannot send a message to the team.

I need to inform the team that I'm moving to new property on 20/08/2018.

Abdelaziz

Hi @Abdelaziz
If you type the words 'message the team' into WattBot and send it.
You'll then get a reply from Watt saying that the message has been sent. And if you want to send more info, type that below too.
It looks like this:

That's where you can let our team know the details of your home move. Here's the info you need to tell them about.
Good luck with the move! 🆙
Has this issue been resolved? The app works on my tablet but I'd really like to get it to work on my phone or even Bluestacks. The app opens but then just freezes on the home screens an gives me NO options to proceed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi Philip
There have been a number of app updates, make sure you try the latest one.
What phone and operating system is it?

Forget bluestacks, PP don't support emulation, so even if it works it won't be supported.
Huawei Ascend P7, fully updated. Running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat EMUI 2.3. I've only just downloaded the app from Play Store a couple of days ago version 7.12.17
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi Philip
It needs a minimum of Android 5 to work, that's the problem.
see screenshot from website

Philipb;13376:
Huawei Ascend P7, fully updated. Running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat EMUI 2.3. I've only just downloaded the app from Play Store a couple of days ago version 7.12.17
woz;13408:
hi Philip
It needs a minimum of Android 5 to work, that's the problem.
see screenshot from website

I guess I'll just have to live with it, pain that it is. Might be sensible to make the app limitation a wee bit more visible
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I guess the sensible way to do that with every app would be potential strangulation at install, "Warning this app requires a minimum of blah blah.
It is quite prominent on the website albeit you have to click "learn more", I suppose it could be as below but sort of ruins the aesthetic somewhat.. : (excuse the font, I couldn't find the original, might have looked better)
woz;13447:
I guess the sensible way to do that with every app would be potential strangulation at install, "Warning this app requires a minimum of blah blah.
It is quite prominent on the website albeit you have to click "learn more", I suppose it could be as below but sort of ruins the aesthetic somewhat.. : (excuse the font, I couldn't find the original, might have looked better)

I think that might help. I understand your concern about putting in too many negatives, but a gentle pointer like the one you've suggested might help. I was going to ask how many potential customers pull out when they find they can't load the app, but in a sense that doesn't really matter as they can't be customers anyway. On the other hand, there may be a good number that, having seen your attractive prices, feel it's worth trying to upgrade their phone OS as I am contemplating.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Just to clarify, I don't work for PP, I'm a customer.
woz;13490:
Just to clarify, I don't work for PP, I'm a customer.

Good point. Maybe I'll pass my thoughts on to PP
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
You already have, they'll pick it up from here.
Philipb;13517:
Good point. Maybe I'll pass my thoughts on to PP