Solved

Anyone from the smart team available?

• 9 November 2020
  • 11 replies

I was advised (via Wattbot) that someone from the smart team would be in contact via email to help resolve my home display unit. I’ve checked my inbox and spam folder for 6x days now and haven’t heard anything.

Has anyone else experienced a similar silent treatment or is able to advise how long the team are currently taking to respond to enquiries?  

icon

Best answer by Marc 10 November 2020, 10:16

Hello @myauntie 

I’m flagging this with our smart team now. I’m sure it’s a case of waiting for the DCC to help with commissioning (it usually is when IHDs are involved). But they’ll know for sure. :thumbsup:

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi

Have you tried going back into wattbot to see if there's a reply on there for you? 

Yes, I’ve been back to Wattbot a couple of times, my issue is not with Wattbot. They have acknowledged my messages but are unable to help me further. They are just able to inform me that they passed my issue to the Smart Team who were the ones able to help resolve my issue.

After a few days of not hearing anything I went back to Wattbot to enquire about when and how the Smart Team would get in touch and was advised that the Smart Team would be emailing me. I’ve checked my email inbox and junk mail and have not heard anything in a week now. 

I’m not sure who the Smart Team are and how I can get in touch with them to resolve my issue, at present I have to wait for them to get in touch with me and they haven’t after a week. I’m not sure if my enquiry has been forgotten about or if they are extremely busy. I have no way of finding out hence I was just wondering if someone in the community had a similar experience contacting the Smart Team?

Hello @myauntie 

I’m flagging this with our smart team now. I’m sure it’s a case of waiting for the DCC to help with commissioning (it usually is when IHDs are involved). But they’ll know for sure. :thumbsup:

Thank you Marc, I’m not sure what DCC is (and I had to look up IHD) but I have now received an email response form the team. Just need to wait 24 hours to see if their update works.

Much appreciated.

Ooops a bit of energy-speak creeping in there! DCC stands for Data Communications Company. It was set up by the Government to oversee the smart meter infrastructure. They built the network for smart meters and all the bits that connect the hardware together.

Good to hear you’ve had an update @myauntie 

Hi @Marc  - just to say two days have passed and although I receive an email from the help team to advise they tried to reconnect the issue still persists. They advised to allow 24 hrs (which I did) and emailed them again yesterday to follow up. 

I’ve noticed though that the IHD reading has not been very accurate for my gas meter either - I posted some more details here: https://community.purepla.net/ask-the-community-15/how-accurate-are-the-in-home-display-ihd-readings-11551

Would be interesting to learn your thoughts, as at present I’m not sure what value my smart meter and IHD are actually providing if the readings they show are incorrect.

Sorry - why is this marked as solved? Wattbott have closed my chat and apart from an initial email I have heard nothing back to rectify the issue with my IHD.

Hi @Marc  - just to say two days have passed and although I receive an email from the help team to advise they tried to reconnect the issue still persists. They advised to allow 24 hrs (which I did) and emailed them again yesterday to follow up. 

Sorry to hear it’s still not working. If you emailed to let them know I’m sure they’re now looking into why. I’ll see if I can find out :thumbsup:

Hi @Marc  - just to say two days have passed and although I receive an email from the help team to advise they tried to reconnect the issue still persists. They advised to allow 24 hrs (which I did) and emailed them again yesterday to follow up. 

Sorry to hear it’s still not working. If you emailed to let them know I’m sure they’re now looking into why. I’ll see if I can find out :thumbsup:

Thanks @Marc unfortunately I’m still waiting to hear and the issue still persists.

Hey @myauntie Nice to see you! Sorry for delayed reply, I was at school at the end of last week, which carried on into the weekend (joy).

Thanks for your patience on all this. Now that the smart team have done all the checks they can, and it’s still not working, this means they’ve now flagged it to Magnum that the IHD will need to be replaced. That will take a few weeks.

Ok, thanks for letting me know @Marc  - would have been nice if the email team could have kept me informed about this instead of leaving me hanging and having to come to the community for updates.

Sorry for troubling you, but thanks again for letting me know, really appreciate it.