Solved

Annual consumption?

Does anyone have any idea where annual consumption can be viewed? I've searched the app but there doesn't seem to be a way to see this ....maybe I'm just missing something?
icon

Best answer by Mavis1 31 March 2019, 11:13

Hello mrhedgehog.
On your statement each month it will show estimated usage for the year.
In the app if you tap on usage you can view actual usage since you joined,so you will be able to work out what you have used over any period you want.
View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hello mrhedgehog.
On your statement each month it will show estimated usage for the year.
In the app if you tap on usage you can view actual usage since you joined,so you will be able to work out what you have used over any period you want.
Unfortunately I don't have a copy of a statement and I haven't found a way to access previous statements.
All I can see in terms of past usage is a list of meter readings, however, I'm looking for gas consumption, in kwh, which doesn't show in that list unfortunately. Of course, I could calculate that from the meter readings but I was hoping to find the detail available to view without having to do that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hello again
Sadly past statements not avilable in the app you will have to add up each months usage or wait until your next statement.
Myself i add up actual usage as the estimates can sometimes be a bit random.
OK, thanks ...that's the conclusion I'd arrived at myself but wondered if I was missing something. The inability to access past statements and consumption info are notable 'fails' in my view.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Never panic that function will be added at some point in the future, but im not sure when.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi Mr Hedgehog,

I understand your point.

Why not save emailed statements in a separate folder or save statements to a doc folder.
I use a lap top and also do my own calcs and PP's monthly usage within in the APP is always spot on.

Until I've been with PP for over a year then the "monthly updated ESTIMATED usage within each statement" is just that an estimate, because from Year 1 1st Statement estimated usage may be incorrect from the offset (mine was) due to the third party verification process when you switch, reliant on your old suppliers accuracy, and then factor in the previous years winter.. so in writing this message it appears to me thats why the APPs software keeps it simple by providing the CORRECT actual customer monthly period usage.

When you reach year 2 statement 1 then that should be a reflection of recent current annual usage.

Would that mean that from year 2 the APP should provide this info when it is actually on the statement?

I stand to be corrected and others may have a better understanding..
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

A pleasant surprise this morning. My fuel statement arrived for the 4th March 2021. My gas consumption has gone down. On the 10th February 2021 a new boiler was installed and the old boiler (not a relative!) departed. I expected better efficiency.  In 2019 my March cost was £54.34 based on 1,823.70 kWh (lowish usage for some reason). I don't know the figure for March 2020 as PP did not send me statements for January, February and March, but looking at that for April 2020 and averaging it the cost will have been around £63.50. My statement today shows I have used 2,030.90 kWhs since 4th February (one week of such usage being my old boiler) and the cost is £44.47. We had some cold weather in February. Long may this continue. Sadly it will never pay the cost of the new boiler!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

LOL re “not a relative” 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@G4RHL great news that your consumption has decreased 

'Old boiler' made me 😀 too  🤭🤭🤭

Never panic that function will be added at some point in the future, but im not sure when.

2 years on and it’s still not available…...Zzzzz