Solved

Adding account holder

• 2 February 2018
  • 35 replies

Hi
Does anyone know how to add someone to a bill. Ie, the account is in my name but i want to add my husband to our bills.
Thank you
icon

Best answer by woz 3 January 2019, 14:40

1. is covered in my reply above but depends what you mean by "share"

Marc;20204:
Hi @XYZ123 @Jon1 @woz @David j @Bev
I'll need to check this one out with the team and get back to you.
There's a couple of requests around this:
1- Ability for multiple people to share one account
2 - Ability for more than one name to appear on statements
View original

35 replies

Hi @Indurand
Welcome to the community!
It's not something that we can do right now.
The ability for multiple people to have access to the same account is something we're working on and hope to introduce to the app soon.
I’d like to add my partners name too
Hi @janetpotter We hear you! When we're closer to making this feature live we'll let everyone know - including how to do it 😀
ditto here.

I noticed some promises to support this back in 2017. Would be good to have an ETA. It is an important feature given the number of official processes that rely on a proof of address.

Thanks
Benoit
benoitx;5405:
ditto here.

I noticed some promises to support this back in 2017. Would be good to have an ETA. It is an important feature given the number of official processes that rely on a proof of address.

Thanks
Benoit

Hi @benoitx
I'd love to give you a definitive date. It's on our development road map but we've also got other high priority pieces of work going on, which members are also asking for - such as adding additional properties to the accounts, and of course the rollout of smart meters
I wonder how many account holders have multiple properties vs how many account holders have more than 0 family members.

To add to the discussion though, rather than just complain, allow me to ask what's the situation now, six months on?
Hi @gebeleysis
We've still got both on the road map, but I don't have an ETA just yet. We did a big Pure Planet app release the other day and there's much more to come.
Of the two mentioned here, ability for multiple family members to access one account in the app edges it, by a nose...
Hi, any update on this issue, please? I also want to add an additional account holder to my account
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I thought it was no longer possible even with the big 6 to have multiple names on one account because of the credit reference issues.
There is a post here< on MSE dated Feb. 2017 from someone who actually represents e.on
All accounts are now set up in the one name only. We stopped having accounts under more than one name when we started sharing information with Credit Reference Agencies in 2012. Before this, it was possible to have more than the one name on an account.

Maybe it can be circumvented by the process of adding a named person who can only view the account but can't change details unless the DD is coming from a joint account?
@Marc, post this^ in the ideas section perhaps?
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
I didnt think it was possible. I have never had or needed utility bills to be in joint names. I mean why would you even need them to be?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Why does one even need a partner?! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Easy, one to multi task & the other to take the bins out, simples. Heeeeeeeeee 😄😄😄😄😄😄
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I believe it’s for ID purposes, as proof of address, but I can’t see why, if someone has a bank account registered at the same address, what extra information it adds.
Jon1;20146:
I didnt think it was possible. I have never had or needed utility bills to be in joint names. I mean why would you even need them to be?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
That works for Madame Teresa, but I fear a rôle swap imminently.
David j;20151:
Easy, one to multi task & the other to take the bins out, simples. Heeeeeeeeee ������������������������������������
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
To vouch for the other one's address?
Bev;20150:
Why does one even need a partner?! ������������������������������������������������������������
Hi again @XYZ123 @Jon1 @David j @Bev
I've caught up with our tech team on this. Both are still on our big to-do list!
Currently we're focused on SMETS2 as the top priority. 🆙
Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Marc;20204:
woz;20439:

Hey @woz
To make it easier for couples/housemates to have access to one account. Even if one person is the main account holder, others could send readings, check usage, etc
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi marc, yes, but that's not quite what I meant by the question.
Sharing is possible now by the other person installing the app and logging in, the only bugbear is the login email.
Marc;20520:
Hey @woz
To make it easier for couples/housemates to have access to one account. Even if one person is the main account holder, others could send readings, check usage, etc
I need to add my partner's name for proof of address purposes
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi Radar
it's not possible at the moment, have you read through this thread?
Hi
I’d like to know any updates on adding a second person to the same account as well.

Also, the smart meter thing could be a good thing for Pure Planet. I’ve switched from a smart meter company to Pure Planet and giving meter readings every month is a pain in the back side. I’m looking forward for anything on that front.
Thanks
Rodrigo
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I actually think it's an advantage having to look at the meter and take readings once a month, it forces more awareness of what you're using. (but then I'm strange)

If the adding a person status changes it'll be headlined in the community, but I wouldn't hold out for a quick fix.

Just out of curiosity I checked what proof of identity would be accepted for opening, for example a Barclays account (other banks have different requirements)
"Full UK paper or photocard driving licence
EU/EEA driving licence (European Union/European Economic Area)
UK provisional driving license (photocard)
Other bank statement from last 3 months (including foreign as long as it shows a UK address)
UK credit card statement (dated within 3 months)
UK, EU, EEA mortgage statement (European Union/European Economic Area, as long as it shows UK address)
Council tax bill/demand letter/exemption certificate issued within 12 months
Tenancy agreement (dated within 12 months) from local council or housing association
UK utility bill (dated within 3 months) – gas, electricity, water, landline
Benefit entitlement letter (less than 12 months old, confirming benefit payable at time of issue)
HMRC tax notification dated within 12 months
UK credit union statement (dated within 3 months)"

Rodrigo;21112:
Hi
I’d like to know any updates on adding a second person to the same account as well.

Also, the smart meter thing could be a good thing for Pure Planet. I’ve switched from a smart meter company to Pure Planet and giving meter readings every month is a pain in the back side. I’m looking forward for anything on that front.
Thanks
Rodrigo
Rodrigo;21112:
Hi

Thanks
Rodrigo

Hi @Rodrigo
Good shout on smart meters.
Check out this thread which may be of interest 🆙