Solved

Actual meter readings v estimates

• 24 December 2018
  • 4 replies

Hi

I’ve been with PP since October and all my readings have been lower than the PP estimates. This doesn’t seem to be acknowledged except in an initial message when entering which tells me it’s lower than expected or to double check. Will there be an adjustment at some later stage or should I send meter readings more than once a month.
icon

Best answer by David j 24 December 2018, 19:41

Hi
The above comments are a good response. The estimated part is only from the date you submitted your readings to the date of the bill. So yes, you end up with estimated numbers slightly higher than those you submitted. I am asked to supply readings on 26th, so if I enter readings on 23rd, the bill is estimated slightly higher to reflect the 3 day gap. Direct Debits stay the same so I don’t see a problem.
Regards
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi Cleopatra52
You don't need to send in readings more than once a month, the best time to send them is when you get the email reminder or a day later.
Although the app is telling you they are too low for the moment, you can ignore that and submit readings anyway, the important thing is that the readings are reflected on your statements.
I'm not sure if you've had more than one statement so far, check your latest statement and see if the figures you've submitted via the app are on the statement. If not and you've only had one wait 'till the next one and check that.
Let us know about the statement

Good luck with the asses milk.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi
The above comments are a good response. The estimated part is only from the date you submitted your readings to the date of the bill. So yes, you end up with estimated numbers slightly higher than those you submitted. I am asked to supply readings on 26th, so if I enter readings on 23rd, the bill is estimated slightly higher to reflect the 3 day gap. Direct Debits stay the same so I don’t see a problem.
Regards

My bill are mostly estimated even though I send them in when asked?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

My bill are mostly estimated even though I send them in when asked?

And there lies the reason, you are asked for the readings 3 days before your statement date, the estimate covers those three days if you submit on the day you receive the reminder