Solved

Account name change

• 5 October 2019
  • 4 replies

I’ve recently got married (yay) and wish to make my account a joint account (at the moment it’s just in my name). How do I get it changed? J
icon

Best answer by Nataly 7 October 2019, 11:07

Congratulations @Johna 😃 and welcome to the Community!

Nice one @stephenrand 🆙

It's also worth noting you can absolutely change your name, and add someone to your account to receive duplicate statements, but we don't currently support two names on your statements.

If you tap 'help' > 'Ask WattBot' in your account and type 'add name to account', Watt will be able to talk you through this:)
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Congratulations!!

Have a read of this thread
https://community.purepla.net/threads/5675-Name-change?highlight=Married

Post back if you have any problems

Stephen
Thank you Stephen.
Congratulations @Johna 😃 and welcome to the Community!

Nice one @stephenrand 🆙

It's also worth noting you can absolutely change your name, and add someone to your account to receive duplicate statements, but we don't currently support two names on your statements.

If you tap 'help' > 'Ask WattBot' in your account and type 'add name to account', Watt will be able to talk you through this:)

It would be helpful to make it so that you do support two names on bills.  Many institutions ask for utility bills as proof of identity.  We pay our bill to you by direct debit from a joint account but the second account holder is then disadvantaged.

I realise identity is not your prime concern but would be good to understand why you don’t support joint names when houses and bank accounts are often (normally?) in joint names.