Solved

Account closed too soon

• 12 July 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I've just moved house, and before doing so was planning on telling Pure Planet I was moving. However, this can only be done 2 days in advance, and someone switched our electric and gas (presumably the next tenant) before I could do this. This has meant I have been left with no Pure Planet account, no access to my previous bills and no way of knowing what happened with the fact I was £190 positive when the account was closed. With my account on my phone I have tried using WattBot but this doesn't work. Any tips?

Alex
icon

Best answer by woz 12 July 2019, 16:29

hi alexvevo
what jon1 said and to add if possible you need to ask the new tenants what meter readings they gave on the switch. If the timing of the switching readings is askew compared to when you left, for example if it's many days after, you could end up paying for some of their energy.
The way it should work is you submit the readings a couple of days before you go and PP extrapolate those by a small estimation to your leaving date, and produce a final bill.
You should still inform PP that you've left
I think to cover your backside you should type "message the team" and explain, and give the appropriate readings if you have them, and tell them when you left.
Yes it might work in your favour depending on the timing and readings used, but then again it might not.
alexvevo;33196:
Hi,

I've just moved house, and before doing so was planning on telling Pure Planet I was moving. However, this can only be done 2 days in advance, and someone switched our electric and gas (presumably the next tenant) before I could do this. This has meant I have been left with no Pure Planet account, no access to my previous bills and no way of knowing what happened with the fact I was £190 positive when the account was closed. With my account on my phone I have tried using WattBot but this doesn't work. Any tips?

Alex
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi alex.
Its a bit naughty of the new tenants to switch before moving.
You will get the final bill sent to you by email and any money due will be refunded. Take photos of the readings in case of any dispute. So long as it all pans out in your favour i would not worry to much as your not paying the bill anymore. But you should give your readings via wattbot,
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi alexvevo
what jon1 said and to add if possible you need to ask the new tenants what meter readings they gave on the switch. If the timing of the switching readings is askew compared to when you left, for example if it's many days after, you could end up paying for some of their energy.
The way it should work is you submit the readings a couple of days before you go and PP extrapolate those by a small estimation to your leaving date, and produce a final bill.
You should still inform PP that you've left
I think to cover your backside you should type "message the team" and explain, and give the appropriate readings if you have them, and tell them when you left.
Yes it might work in your favour depending on the timing and readings used, but then again it might not.
alexvevo;33196:
Hi,

Alex