Solved

access not available

• 9 October 2020
  • 46 replies

I am unable to access my account.  The email verification is not working.  I cannot input my meter readings and I cannot check my account.  I’ve only managed to do this question by registering under a different email address.  What is going on???

icon

Best answer by 25 quid 9 October 2020, 17:26

Hi @EileenGeldard,

How annoying! Others sometimes have this issue. Here’s some tips from a while ago https://community.purepla.net/ask-the-community-15/log-in-problems-3499

See how you get on and let us know...

View original

46 replies

Hi @EileenGeldard,

How annoying! Others sometimes have this issue. Here’s some tips from a while ago https://community.purepla.net/ask-the-community-15/log-in-problems-3499

See how you get on and let us know...

Hi @EileenGeldard 

Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting.

Great reply from @25 quid there. Another one - make sure you’re using the right email address. Not being flippant, it’s something that crops up now and again. As we’ve all got mutiple email addresses these days, it can happen.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@EileenGeldard 

try this:

delete all of the login emails you’ve received and try again with just one login email in your inbox. The login mails can get out of step with humans.:robot:

Like a broken record:

How can a year be nearly two years? #suboptimalalgorithm

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Like a broken record:

How can a year be nearly two years? #suboptimalalgorithm

Sometimes it’s just quicker to reply than search using suboptimal search algorithms...but thanks for calling me a broken record

Haha, I did the search for you! And found one of your, found one of your posts own posts your own posts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Haha, I did the search for you! And found one of your, found one of your posts own posts your own posts.

@25 quid 

haha..yo in da broken groove man!

I now have spreadsheet neurosis...wonder if I can sue PP...(on the grounds that they should have seen it coming...)

I have not received any of the log in emails.  They do not come through.  I have never had to log in before.  Normally I just hit the link in the email I received asking me to input my meter readings and go straight through to the website and input the readings.  This did not happen I was asked to log in and when I put my email address in the message on screen was that a verification email had been sent to me.  This has not happened. I then created a second account using a different email address purely for the purpose of getting on this page.  Not for my account.  yes it is the correct email address because that is the address Pure planet write to ask me for meter readings.  what is so difficult about that?  

Sounds like something is amiss. I see you’re also posting over here. Do double-check your spam folder.

Perhaps it’s worth contacting the team at PP and explain your situation and mention your two email addresses. 

Use the ☰ menu in the app (or website) and Get Help & Support and Ask A Question. Then chat to the annoying WattBott. Once it figures out it can’t help, it will send your message to the team. You can short-circuit the bot conversation my typing the magic incantation Message the team.

Good luck!

Ah yes I’ve contacted the team and the complaints department, plus asking the question on their facebook page that several times . They just keep asking me what email address I’m using and what app I’m using.  I have pointed out (several times) that I”m using the same email address I’ve always used and I’m not using an app but a lap top computer.  Ah well if they base all of their service on the net and something breaks that’s one less customer and a lot of bad reviews.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@EileenGeldard 

hi Eileen

Some questions to get to the bottom of this:

Did you verify the account having received an email asking you to verify?

May I ask is it a case of not getting the verification mails because it doesn’t recognise your email address or is the verification mail failing to log you in?

If the answer is that you’ve verified and you can’t log in because it doesn’t recognise your address then:

Please can you send a direct message to @Marc  (click on the name) and ask him to ask the team to check whether your account is set up properly and  whether the credentials used are as expected. You may need to provide some sort of security info, I don’t know.

This is easily solvable.

Either your account is not set up at all

Or the login mail is wrong

Please post back?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@EileenGeldard

hi Eileen

Some questions to get to the bottom of this:

Did you verify the account having received an email asking you to verify?

May I ask is it a case of not getting the verification mails because it doesn’t recognise your email address or is the verification mail failing to log you in?

If the answer is that you’ve verified and you can’t log in because it doesn’t recognise your address then:

Hi @woz 

I may be missing something here, but Eileen has said

"I have not received any of the log in emails.  They do not come through."

That seems clear enough. I don't think she's explained whether she has tried checking the spam filter/ junk mail, but if she's getting emails asking for readings ok, then you would expect verification emails to get through.

But then she says

"I have never had to log in before."

Which is odd, because everyone has to log in initially. Has this made you think the account has not ever been set up correctly? I wonder if Eileen has ever received a monthly statement by email?

Which raises the question, what's been happening when she says

"Normally I just hit the link in the email I received asking me to input my meter readings and go straight through to the website and input the readings."

It sounds as if in the past she has inputted readings, and I've assumed she means to Pure Planet rather than a previous provider.

Then she said

"This did not happen I was asked to log in and when I put my email address in the message on screen was that a verification email had been sent to me.  This has not happened."

So underlining that the verification emails are not getting through.

When she says

"I then created a second account using a different email address purely for the purpose of getting on this page."

That shouldn't create a second problem, should it? 

I wonder if Eileen could tell us if she is getting monthly statements and her direct debit is being collected every month, then at least we would know if she has ever actually become a Pure Planet customer - but then she is being asked for meter readings…

Does any of this help at all?

Regards

Stephen

Yes my direct debit is being collected and yes, up until a this week I would access the account - put in meter readings and look at my usage and compare and see how I was getting on.  I have had my account for over a year and no problems until this week.  But as I said, I have never had to verify my email address.  In fact I have never had to log in if I go through the link in my emails that ask me to submit my readings.  I’m struggling to understand why what I have said thus far is being so muddled up?!.  It is quite straightforward. I set up my online account when I became a customer in July 2019.  I get an email once a month asking me to put in my meter readings.  I access the web site through the link in the email.   I put in my meter readings once a month and submit them.  I can then go back the next month and do the same thing in the same way and check my details and payments are all OK.  Why on earth is there nobody from Pure Planet looking into this is my question?   I think I will cancel my direct debit until they sort this out.  I’m not going to be paying my bill based on estimated readings and there is no other way give meter readings.  Perhaps then they might look into it and sort it!!!   

And no they are not going to SPAM or junk.   I have had a response to my complaint to the complaints department.  Just a standard response so clearly my new email is working.  So I tried to access my account using the second email address.  Same problem.  “we have sent you an email to verify your email address/account”. Guess what, no email ever comes through.  However, strangely when I set up the second email address to access the community page I did get a confirmation email.  So who at Pure Planet can explain that???  Bottom line is I can't check my usage or my meter readings or what I am being charged and what tariff I'm on now as I did receive an email about the increased tariff this week.  On the old email address by the way.  There is a software/server problem I am convinced but nobody looking into it?  Or they are but not telling their customers.     

I have to say this is exasperating.  I am reading the email that was sent earlier in the week which says they are ready for my meter readings.  So go to ;  ‘open in web’.  Which is what I have always done.  Then I’m asked if I want to get a quote as if I’m a new customer.   But when I look in the menu to try and log in it says ‘log out’.  How can I - I’m not logged in?!!!   So I tried to input my address from my postcode and the websites just says ‘sorry we can’t quote you for now as your address doesn’t exist”. 

So now somebody called Nataly is messaging me asking me to go to other parts of the community board and waxing lyrical about other services.  What is it with people?  Surely it’s pretty obvious I just want to look at my account and add my latest meter readings.  Not faff around and look at other stuff. 

Hello again @EileenGeldard,

I suspect that your web account is logged into an ‘account’ associated with your newly created email address.

Maybe try logging out.

Then logging in again with the ‘correct’ email. This step will send a verification email. Click on that and all will be well again (until a possible future glitch).

Good luck! Let us know how you get on...

good idea but I’ve tried that.  Both times with the two different email addresses.  No difference . We have sent you a verification email. NO email arrives.  !! 

Hmmm. So no verification email to either address?

Are they both on the same domain? (The bit after the @ sign?)

So I just logged in using the new email address and got a verification email.  I followed the link.  Got logged in but the only option is for me to apply for a quote.  I don’t want a ruddy quote I want to access my account.   If I try inputting my post code to ask about a quote (which I don’t want) my address does not come up as a choice, every other house number in my street but not mine.  I then get a message to say my address could not be found so they couldn’t give me a quote.  I don’t want a quote!!!  This is just laughable . It really is.   

Aha, so that confirms my suspicion!

You need to persist with the old email address. That’s the one attached to your account.

Are the email addresses both on the same domain? (The bit after the @ sign?)

No one is an ntlworld.com and the other is an iCloud.com.  As I say, I can keep on putting the NTL world one in but I don’t get the verification email.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@EileenGeldard

please (pretty please?) can you answer the question please did you verify the switch from the email you received with your correct or normal or whatever email address you used to get the quote?? it’s important that you answer this it’s the crux of whatever issue you’re having.

If you haven’t verified  you haven't  switched. If you have verified then PP need to look at this at their end.

If you’re past the verification stage, and it sounds like you are then the issues lies not with you is my guess…

@25 quid sorry for diving in as you are I’m just trying to help Eileen

have I misunderstood this?

No one is an ntlworld.com and the other is an iCloud.com.  As I say, I can keep on putting the NTL world one in but I don’t get the verification email.  

OK, so for some reason NTLWorld (now Virgin) is blocking delivery of the particular verification emails. Yes, oddly they are allowing other emails through. 

I suspect it is their spam filter dumping it even before it gets to you. I’m going to research how their spam filtering system works. Or if you already know, please check there and let us know if you can release it (them) for delivery.

@25 quid sorry for diving in as you are I’m just trying to help Eileen

have I misunderstood this?

I believe you have @woz@EileenGeldard has been a customer for a year or more and the account worked before. Now after the login cookie has broken (timed out), verification is needed, yet is not being delivered.