Solved

2 Energy suppliers

• 9 September 2019
  • 6 replies

I am moving to a new house. I have set up an account with Pure Planet. It's about to go live in 17 days. Later that day I gave meter readings to eON (previous tenant's provider) and they automatically created a new account for me with the following message:
Thank you for your opening meter readings. We'll agree this reading with your previous supplier.
We'll use it to open your energy account with us and your previous supplier will use it to close your account with them.

Will eOn close my Pure Planet account? I want Pure Planet to be my default energy supplier.
icon

Best answer by Marc 10 September 2019, 16:01

skarpeci;37193:
I am moving to a new house. I have set up an account with Pure Planet. It's about to go live in 17 days. Later that day I gave meter readings to eON (previous tenant's provider) and they automatically created a new account for me with the following message:

Will eOn close my Pure Planet account? I want Pure Planet to be my default energy supplier.

Hi @skarpeci
Welcome to the community!
Thanks for posting.
I've checked this out with our Member services team.
You are switching to PP. You're due to come on supply on 26th September.:o
Hope all OK 🆙
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi skarpeci
First of all are you absolutely sure that e.on were/are the supplier (lets assume so)
I suspect that the message from e.on is a stock message, as though you were switching because effectively you are switching to them even though you're with them. (I know that sounds odd)

There are 2 possibilities here, I think the application to switch will make it's way to e.on, but I would contact them in a few days to check if they've had it. (leave it a short while so it can get through their systems) Once they have the application they will either block it because they will want you to settle the bill or allow it. What definitely won't happen is that you will switch to PP and back again.
It's all down to the timing at e.on's end and how they reconcile your address data.
Worst case is that it may be a better option for you to cancel the switch (you have 14 days), sort e.on out and re-apply, but don't do that yet.

​Strange when I quote your message the bit in the middle disappears!
skarpeci;37193:

skarpeci;37193:

Hi @skarpeci
Welcome to the community!
Thanks for posting.
I've checked this out with our Member services team.
You are switching to PP. You're due to come on supply on 26th September.:o
Hope all OK 🆙
I am not sure if Pure Planet sent my final meter readings to E.ON (before switching to Pure Planet). I received estimated bill from E.ON today. They ask me to give them my meter readings to get a new bill. I switched to Pure Planet on 26.09. I sent my readings to Pure Planet on 21.09. I got a message through the App that my final readings will be sent to E.ON. Today is 30.09 and I don't know meter readings from 26.09. I could send them today's meter readings but I would pay for 4 days extra to both energy providers.
On my E.ON's account there's a message
We’re closing your account. We’ll send you a confirmation email once it’s closed.
Shall I wait a few days for the end of closing process or should I give them my today's meter readings regardless?
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
skarpeci;38715:
I am not sure if Pure Planet sent my final meter readings to E.ON (before switching to Pure Planet). I received estimated bill from E.ON today. They ask me to give them my meter readings to get a new bill. I switched to Pure Planet on 26.09. I sent my readings to Pure Planet on 21.09. I got a message through the App that my final readings will be sent to E.ON. Today is 30.09 and I don't know meter readings from 26.09. I could send them today's meter readings but I would pay for 4 days extra to both energy providers.
On my E.ON's account there's a message Shall I wait a few days for the end of closing process or should I give them my today's meter readings regardless?

Hi there

Others will correct me if I'm wrong, but one thing I am sure of - you won't pay two suppliers for the same energy.

The slightly confusing thing is that your switch completed on 26th but you don't have the readings for that date. Pure Planet will work out an estimate for the 26th and communicate that to Eon, and it could take up to six weeks to agree that.

But what it means is that you won't pay twice for the same energy.

Personally, I wouldn't communicate with Eon at this stage.

Stephen
I switched to dual fuel tariff from eON to Pureplanet. Today I found out that I still have active gas tariff at eON (almost 2 months after switch!). Something must have went wrong during switch. Who should I blame for this? uSwitch, PurePlanet or Eon? Looks like I have been paying to 2 energy suppliers after all.
I've called eON, their rep said that I should call PurePlanet and tell them to "take over my gas account". Looks like it's PurePlanet's fault. I was assured that the switch went perfectly. Obviously it did not. Do I have to call PurePlanet now?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi skarpeki
my guess is that you have switched but e.on have not yet produced the final bill which is why the account is still active. Pp should confirm that they have sent eon the final readings.
Whether eon have acted on them yet is the issue.