Solved

2 accounts confusion

• 15 November 2018
  • 8 replies

Hi I have six properties and tried to put all on Pure planet using same email address I have 2 direct debits coming out of my account but I can only find one address I cannot get logged in to find 2nd address I also used another email address later and I don't know which went through
icon

Best answer by woz 15 November 2018, 22:29

hi Crock
I would be surprised (astounded) if all have switched on the same email, for one thing the app is unable to discriminate when the same email is used, so the first two, i.e the first one on each email will probably work.
You will need to log in and out of each acct if they are all on the same device, better still share between different devices, the less you have to log out the better/easier it will be for you.
I’m sending you a direct message soon..
edit..
message sent
For the moment I think I'd assume that the two accounts you can log into are the only two working ones, so log in and take it from there.
You'll have to go to help in the app and type message the team to check on the others but I doubt that they will exist.

This is public community it’s best not to post personal info on here. If you still have time I'd remove the email addresses.(use edit post below your post if it's still available, you have a while before the option goes)
Crock;16684:
Hi I have six properties and tried to put all on Pure planet using same email address I have 2 direct debits coming out of my account but I can only find one address I cannot get logged in to find 2nd address I also used another email address later and I don't know which went through My email addresses are xxxxx
And xxxxxx
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi crock.
What statements do you get?
The rule at the moment is 1 email 1 acct.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Crock
I would be surprised (astounded) if all have switched on the same email, for one thing the app is unable to discriminate when the same email is used, so the first two, i.e the first one on each email will probably work.
You will need to log in and out of each acct if they are all on the same device, better still share between different devices, the less you have to log out the better/easier it will be for you.
I’m sending you a direct message soon..
edit..
message sent
For the moment I think I'd assume that the two accounts you can log into are the only two working ones, so log in and take it from there.
You'll have to go to help in the app and type message the team to check on the others but I doubt that they will exist.

This is public community it’s best not to post personal info on here. If you still have time I'd remove the email addresses.(use edit post below your post if it's still available, you have a while before the option goes)
Crock;16684:
Hi I have six properties and tried to put all on Pure planet using same email address I have 2 direct debits coming out of my account but I can only find one address I cannot get logged in to find 2nd address I also used another email address later and I don't know which went through My email addresses are xxxxx
And xxxxxx

Did you manage to resolve this. I have the same issue. I switched 2 properties, but only 1 has gone through... 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @awysock1 

Welcome to the Pure Planet community!

It's possible @Crock will get back to you, but in case they don't (it was a year ago) can anyone else help?

You still need a different email address for each property - did you try and switch both using the same email address? That's usually the problem in this situation.

The only problem about using two email addresses is that you have to keep logging in and out if you are trying to manage both properties on one device. And you have to remember which property is linked to each email!

Does that help at all?

Stephen

Thanks for that. I did use the same address..  What do I do next to resolve?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there

The easiest way is to initiate a switch for the property that didn't go through using a second email address. Some people have apparently invented one like holidayhome@xxx so they always know which property they are dealing with. As I said, you'll have the problem of logging in and out if you use the same device. But I think if you use a phone for one and a laptop or tablet for the other, you can probably stay logged in to both properties/emails.

Stephen

Say you have an email address of happy@icloud.com. Just use happy+home1@icloud.com for one address and happy+home2@icloud.com for the other. Both will be delivered to your regular mailbox. + addressing is in the email spec and should work with any email provider.

Obvs you can put whatever you like (within the normal email rules) after the +

I have my own domain name so can have multiple mail addresses but didn't know about this limitation.... Should have been made clear somewhere along the switching journey. Now I have no idea what has happened to the switch. I guess everyone gave-up and I'm back with my original supplier..…

Thanks for the advice though.