Watch: Incredible new timelapse footage of Earth over the last 30 years

• 16 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi everyone, 

Have you seen the amazing new timelapse, put together by Nasa and Google Earth? It shows our changing landscapes over the last 37 years...

The clear impact of deforestation and rising water temperatures are what really struck home with me - the Dubai and Greenland timelapses in particular! 

What struck you most about the changes over the last 30 years? Does footage like this motivate you to do more, or is it too overwhelming? Interested to hear others’ thoughts. :thumbsup:

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

WOW, that is scary! 😭

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Nataly 

I clicked the link and got an advert for Octopus Energy - rude! (I skipped it, of course...)

Stephen

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

👏🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🐙

The “rude” especially made me larf 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣#Miranda

WOW, that is scary! 😭

It is, isn’t it! Being able to see the change so clearly really made an impact. You can hear about icecaps and glaciers melting, but really seeing it is different. 

I think it makes me even more determined to do my bit though - hopefully it has the same effect for others! Even if it’s just taking the extra 5 minutes to really sort out your recycling when doing the bins… it all counts. :grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Agree, and we’ve talked on PP before about “talking” about it. That’s not to say preaching, very few even know Im vegan in real life, it’s an individual choice BUT without realising, just by talking about Greta and her docu, plus new vegan goujons I’d tried at the weekend, it has already inspired my mum to buy even MORE plant based products she says, and a friend and her son (big big meat eaters) to try a few plant based alternatives to get the feel. Without even trying, general conversation can often make that big difference 👍👍👍