• 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 9017 replies

Climate crisis poll

Some of the results quite startling! 😳

7 replies

The results seemed to be what I expected. Unless I missed it there is no indication of what the answers are according to age groups. Perhaps those nearer to the call of the Grim Reaper are not going to be bothered about the subject?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

The results seemed to be what I expected. Unless I missed it there is no indication of what the answers are according to age groups. Perhaps those nearer to the call of the Grim Reaper are not going to be bothered about the subject?

"call of the Grim Reaper ",...never heard that expression before...🤣🤣😍

Hey @Bev 

Thank you for sharing this with us in the Community :grinning:

It’s interesting to read “only 50% of [British] respondents said they supported a ban on the sale of new petrol and diesel cars from 2030”… 

I’m not 100% sure if it’s the same report, but results from another survey of 10,030 Europeans are showing that “63% said they supported the idea that after 2030, only emission-free cars should be sold in Europe”. There’s quite a jump between 50% versus 63%, when taking into consideration British votes versus European! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

My pleasure Nat, it certainly made interesting reading 👍, I’m starting to think a lot ARE losing interest, in the U.K. I mean, I think they believe it’s not doable, and it won’t affect them etc 🙄. To a degree, like the pandemic. Until it’s directly affecting them, they just want to carry on life as normal. 

Whilst the Europeans seem to have a much more positive go IMO, they seem to have the belief it can be done, and try their best. 

May be worth adding here, there’s a new documentary tonight, BBC1, re A year in the life of Greta. I know similar one done before, but this is saying brand new. May be worth a watch.    

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Bev 

I’m not 100% sure if it’s the same report, but results from another survey of 10,030 Europeans are showing that “63% said they supported the idea that after 2030, only emission-free cars should be sold in Europe”. There’s quite a jump between 50% versus 63%, when taking into consideration British votes versus European! 

Reuters and BBC, so both trusting sources, who knows Nat, quite conflicting figures tho as you say 🤷‍♀️

Perhaps those nearer to the call of the Grim Reaper are not going to be bothered about the subject?

One thing I’ve found ‘odd’ regarding the people I know is that the ‘older with kids’ group, seem less willing to change their habits/take the threat seriously than the ‘older without kids’ group. I would have expected it to be the other way around, after all it’s the ‘kids’ who are going to be left with the mess to clean up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I’d have definitely expected those with children to be more willing too, if anything. The young generation learning it all the time at school, and almost pressuring their parents to do more, so that would surprise me.